$30.00
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been reviewing/approving reviews and session reports in GeekMod lately, and I come across a lot of "reviews" that are clearly promotional kickstarter previews, complete with links to the kickstarter or info about the campaign, and links galore.

Should I be approving these? I feel like they're kind of reviews in a way, but it also feels shady to approve it as a review when it's a prototype for a kickstarter, or clearly a promotional post.

Is there a separate place that previews or kickstarter reviews should be posted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
The decline reason "Spam" is there for you, but it's your call.

If you feel some spam has been approved in error, you can post here: The Naughty List
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw, is the review in the game's own BGG game entry?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks!

I've been clicking spam for things that are clearly advertisements for the games (eg, ones that talk about and link to the companies that produce the prototypes, or ones that have links to the kickstarters and game company websites), but I've been approving ones that are simply "I was sent a prototype of this game" with a good review and some text saying that the game is/will be on kickstarter without links.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, it's in the game's own BGG game entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.