Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Andrews
Wales
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Heya Foks,

After seeing many soloists playing the game over the last few years today I played my first ever game of Friday.

I lost

It's a great little solo deckbuilder, very good risk reward strategy in that you can spend health points drawing extra cards to see if you achieve the target number. You can also use them to help thin out your rubbish cars when you don't hot the target. I thought I was doing well but got carried away with a few high point victories...

I was in the Yellow Phase and died due to drawing the age card Very Tired which forced me to stop drawing cards whilst going for a 5 point Hazard whilst Further Exploring the Island. It was my fault risking it whilst I had 4 health :O It was my first play and hadn't looked at the Age cards to maximise the surprise whilst playing

Well, I was surprised!

Points Tally
19 points in Robinson Pile over 23 cards.
-45 points in the hazard pile :O
Total... -24 Points...

A great solo game and one I'll be playing again

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
McDonough
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, a common mistake on the Very Tired card is that, even though it stops you from drawing "free cards" you can still draw cards by paying life. Although, you may have known this already, but you just knew you knew you were almost out of life (4).

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm pretty new to it too and have enjoyed my win (singular) and losses (plural).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheMadWelshWizard wrote:

I lost

That means you probably played it right!

It's a tough game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.