Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert D
United Kingdom
Leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
My fiancé is Polish but not a boardgamer. Just been reading the Polish rules with him and done a quick translation as best we can. Hopefully this is accurate as he's not played Duel so wasn't always sure what he was saying made sense and I to keep saying it did!

The game comes with 15 gods of 5 colours which relate to type of thing they do. greek - blue -civil. Roman - red - military. Green - Mesopotamia - science, yellow - Phoenicia - money and grey Egypt Wonders.

The game has 2 tokens of the 5 colours. 5 tokens are chosen at random at the start of game and randomly placed on specific face down Age I cards before wonders are picked. When a player reveals a card with the token then take the token (an incentive to reveal cards?). They then draw two gods from the appropriate deck and chose one. They then put that in a a vacant slot on the pantheon face down.

At the end of the age the "gateway" card is added to the last 6th slot and all gods are revealed. At start of stage 2 "sacrifice" tokens are out of specific face down cards. They are taken by the player who reveals those cards.

From now on players have a new 4th action the can perform. Taking a god card. This does NOT remove a card from the structure. The cost of taking a god card is different for each player in each slot. Something to consider when placing them? Cards closers to you are cheaper than those further away. If you have a sacrifice token this counts as a discount to this purchase. When you hire the god you place it in front of you and carry out its effect (there are 15 so not listing them all). The cost of the gateway is doubled. Taking the gateway means you take one unused God of each colour and choose one.

In age III there are new "temple cards". There is a cost like most buildings but if you took a token in age I that might allow you to build it for free. The temples award you 5/12/21 points for building 1/2/3 of them.

So without going into specific effects of 15 gods, two wonders and 3 green discs that's the gist of how it will work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a very quick translation of God's powers, since they are really interesting. I have not played an English version of the game, therefore some of the official names might be off, but I hope you get the sense. Please bear in mind that the official wording will be different. Enjoy.

Gods powers are godly:
1.1 Enki
When revealed, draw 2 unchosen Progress tokens and place them on this card. When Enki is activated, choose one of those Tokens - you get it. Put the other one back to the box.

1.2 Ishtar
This God provides the [Law] science symbol (just like the one from the Progress Token).

1.3 Nisaba
Place the Serpent Token on your opponent's green card. Nisaba provides you that card's science symbol.

2.1 Astarte
Place 7 coins from the bank on this card. They belong to you, you can spend them from this card and they are safe from being lost. Every coin that still remains on this card at the end of the game is worth 1 VP.

2.2 Baal
Steal a brown or grey card from your opponent and place it in your city.

2.3 Tanit
Take 12 money from the bank.

3.1 Aphrodite
Grants 9 VP.

3.2 Hades
Browse all discarded cards, pick one and build it for free.

3.3 Zeus
Discard any card (face-up or down) from the common tableau (I don't recall the official name). Discard any tokens that may be there on that card.

4.1 Anubis
Discard any player's card from underneath a built Wonder. You don't lose the benefits, but it doesn't grant VPs. It can be rebuilt though and will grant benefits for the second time.

4.2 Isis
Choose any discarded card and use it to build one of you Wonders for free.

4.3 Ra
Steal an unbuilt Wonder from your opponent. It is now your Wonder.

5.1 Mars
Grants 2 Shields.

5.2 Minerva
Place Minerva token on any space of the Military track. If a Conflict token (the crossed swords) was to enter Minerva token's space it stops instead. Discard Minerva token.

5.3 Neptun
Choose and discard one of the Military tokens (in here I mean the coin losing stuff) and do *not* resolve its effects. Choose and discard another Military token and resolve its effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for this!

With this and referring to the images... We get an idea of how it works. Sounds fun to me.

The removal of guild cards (I assume) for the temple cards really changes it up. 21 is a ton of points you are left to get all three

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Chipboard
Argentina
Cordoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, the Polish rules were deleted from the Files section of this entry.
Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I still have them. If you want them drop me your e-mail addy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Chipboard
Argentina
Cordoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I was wondering if someone deleted it because the final versión (hopefully in english) was going to be uploaded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan P
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wonder if you have both law symbols (from the progress token and Ishtar) do you get to draw another progress token? If you already have Ishtar this could mean you draw two progress tokens in a row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Z
msg tools
Alphaeus wrote:
I wonder if you have both law symbols (from the progress token and Ishtar) do you get to draw another progress token? If you already have Ishtar this could mean you draw two progress tokens in a row.

This comment doesn't really have anything to do with the Polish Rules. There is another thread specifically about Ishtar and science symbols: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1638007/ishtar-question

From that thread (and the FAQ at the end of all rulebooks), yes, you could use Ishtar (or Nisaba, actually) to get two progress tokens in a single turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.