Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: rules [+] [View All]
Keith Schramek
United States
Gridley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think I've got a good basic understanding of Shogun except one thing. What is the difference between Battle:A and Battle:B? Can you do Battle:B before Battle:A? Am I once again overthinking the situation?

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Shogun plays the same as Wallenstein, then they are simply two different battles, each occuring independantly of the other. They can occur at any point, the same as all the actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quatsch wrote:
I think I've got a good basic understanding of Shogun except one thing. What is the difference between Battle:A and Battle:B? Can you do Battle:B before Battle:A? Am I once again overthinking the situation?

shake

Battle A and Battle B are two unique actions. The action you can take with each are the same, but they will happen at different times. The order you do them in will be determined by how they randomly come up in the turn order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Schramek
United States
Gridley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks! Boy you guys are quick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shad
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are the same type of action, but two separate cards. When the Battle-A card comes up in the turn order, you take that action in the corresponding province that you put on your player board for the Battle-A action. Likewise, when the Battle-B card comes up in the turn order, you then take that same "battle" action in the province which you had put on your player board in the Battle-B space.

So, you can't choose which one to do first... it depends on when each card comes up in the 10 turn order cards - and then which province you had selected for that action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.