Subject: New stuff for 10th Anniversary rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure I saw something on Twitter about GenCon saying there are plans for some new LNOE stuff next year to amrk the 10th anniversary. Anyone with more details?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not from me, but if FFP is listening...

Dear Zombie Santa,

Please create a campaign using everything released for LNOE. OH! and a solo or fully cooperative mode. OH! and a puppy!

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
I'm sure I saw something on Twitter about GenCon saying there are plans for some new LNOE stuff next year to amrk the 10th anniversary. Anyone with more details?

In the videos from GenCon, Jason Hill showcased a TON of Shadows of Brimstone characters. At the end of that video, he said that Flying Frog hadn't forgotten about their other properties, and that while they've been busy with SoB, they would get back to their other properties in 2017. No details, just that. (NOTE: I'm paraphrasing the conversation. Here's the video link:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
eharding wrote:

Dear Zombie Santa,

Please create a campaign using everything released for LNOE. OH! and a solo or fully cooperative mode. OH! and a puppy!

Thank you!

Why waste this wonderful game on fully coop mode? Aren't there enough games out here where everyone gets to hold hands in a circle? Hell most of FFP catalog has coop modes already. Why does this one need it too? It's already well balanced(with easy tweaking to make it favor one side or the other depending on player skill) and one of the few(if not only) games that takes the 1vMany model and allows there to be two bad guys.
I hope they leave the r&d time for coop with their other games and stick to the wonderful model they have here already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am glad to hear that they haven't forgotten their other games. Right now Flying Frog, for me, is one of those game companies I used to love but barely care about anymore. They went way too "all-in" with Brimstone and we haven't seen anything done with their earlier, better games. Invasion from Outer Space is STILL crying out for that first expansion! I'm hoping they mean it, and that 2017 is going to push them back on track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
eharding wrote:

Dear Zombie Santa,

Thank you!

Why waste this wonderful game on fully coop mode? Aren't there enough games out here where everyone gets to hold hands in a circle? Hell most of FFP catalog has coop modes already. Why does this one need it too? It's already well balanced(with easy tweaking to make it favor one side or the other depending on player skill) and one of the few(if not only) games that takes the 1vMany model and allows there to be two bad guys.
I hope they leave the r&d time for coop with their other games and stick to the wonderful model they have here already.

Agree with all of this. Not everything needs a co-op mode. I'd love to see Flying Frog make a game for the slasher genre like they have done for the zombie genre. You know, sort of like Last Friday except without the wooden pawns and the board that looks like a Christmas tree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
I am glad to hear that they haven't forgotten their other games. Right now Flying Frog, for me, is one of those game companies I used to love but barely care about anymore. They went way too "all-in" with Brimstone and we haven't seen anything done with their earlier, better games. Invasion from Outer Space is STILL crying out for that first expansion! I'm hoping they mean it, and that 2017 is going to push them back on track.

I'm just the opposite. I didn't back Shadows of Brimstone because they didn't need my money, but I'm happy it was successful. Asking game developers to stick with one franchise game system seems akin to asking the band you loved when you were a teenager to keep putting out teenage angst songs twenty years later. I'm proud to have FFP games on my shelf. I'll eventually pick up SoB, but for now, I'm just glad they have a hot property (a new hit single, as it were) to give them freedom to work on whatever they choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just be happy with a book of scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
jcb231 wrote:

I'm just the opposite. I didn't back Shadows of Brimstone because they didn't need my money, but I'm happy it was successful. Asking game developers to stick with one franchise game system seems akin to asking the band you loved when you were a teenager to keep putting out teenage angst songs twenty years later. I'm proud to have FFP games on my shelf. I'll eventually pick up SoB, but for now, I'm just glad they have a hot property (a new hit single, as it were) to give them freedom to work on whatever they choose.

But yet that's not what happened....instead the enormous amount of Brimstone stuff they promised led to them having to work on it all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Luiz Fuzaro
Brazil
São Mateus
Espírito Santo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frantic Ferret wrote:
I would just be happy with a book of scenarios.

me too... the old ones and a lot of new cases !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
jcb231 wrote:

But yet that's not what happened....instead the enormous amount of Brimstone stuff they promised led to them having to work on it all the time.

Well yeah - they're still "on tour", as it were, for their last hit album. But it sounds like next year, they're going "back into the studio" to crank out new hits. Some of which might expand upon earlier albums...okay, the music analogy is falling apart. laugh

I'll just end by agreeing that I'm also glad they've commented that they'll be working on previous properties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
jcb231 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
jcb231 wrote:

Well yeah - they're still "on tour", as it were, for their last hit album. But it sounds like next year, they're going "back into the studio" to crank out new hits. Some of which might expand upon earlier albums...okay, the music analogy is falling apart. laugh

I'll just end by agreeing that I'm also glad they've commented that they'll be working on previous properties.

Maybe they're just going to work on a greatest hits album, perhaps with a few of their old songs re-recorded? Or maybe live versions that weren't on previous albums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
rebubula423 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
jcb231 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
jcb231 wrote:

Maybe they're just going to work on a greatest hits album, perhaps with a few of their old songs re-recorded? Or maybe live undead versions that weren't on previous albums.

ftfy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well played Patrick!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel Ache
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"For the Tenth Anniversary of Last Night on Earth, we are releasing a limited Deluxe Edition of the original game including the classic cast of 8 heroes, as well as new playable Hero versions of 4 of the original Townsfolk, a plastic Old Truck to escape in, plastic pieces for several of the markers, some new Scenarios and Cards, rules for Fire and the Experience System - first introduced in Timber Peak, and a brand new Last Night on Earth Rulebook, collecting 10 years of survival horror! Both this deluxe edition of Last Night on Earth and the new 'Hero Pack Two' expansion will be out this Fall!"

(From their fb page)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Baldini
msg tools
And what about people who have already got all expansions and supplements? They can't buy a game they own, just for some cards and scenarios...all these new components should be also available in a box, for all the players who liked FFP products
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mariomario wrote:
And what about people who have already got all expansions and supplements? They can't buy a game they own, just for some cards and scenarios...all these new components should be also available in a box, for all the players who liked FFP products

I agree. I'm pleased that LNOE is being supported but this seems a strange move. Hero Pack 2 only for me I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
Mariomario wrote:

I agree. I'm pleased that LNOE is being supported but this seems a strange move. Hero Pack 2 only for me I guess.

I'll be gifting my copy to a friend and getting the new version. I'm a junkie for all things LNOE, so I'll need to have this. I've enjoyed the last 8 or so years playing this game, and look forward to many more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.