Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just kidding, she didn't.

This is a classic bait and switch. You basically deserve this for reading through RSP threads, so don't look for any sympathy from me. In fact, if you didn't like this sort of thing you wouldn't still be here.

Anyhoo, you have responded to the keywords of "Mobile Gaming" and "Comic Books". Marvel Puzzle Quest is a free and mostly enjoyable game on iOS and Android. It's on PC, too, but it's not cross platform, so this offer won't be for you.

The folks over at FBRSP, a super secret FB group whose mission is primarily to piss each other off and feel superior to the unwashed BGG RSP masses, have started an alliance in MPQ (it's what the cool kids are calling it).

BGG All-Stars

If you show up and play the game (with any luck, daily), you will be appreciated.

If you show up and act like an asshat, you will be kicked. Or if you show up and then don't show up ever again, you will asked to leave to make room for someone else eventually.

That's pretty much it. There are no rules about mandatory number of hours or PVP events or what not. We don't talk religion or sex or politics. We're just people who play the game and met each other mostly in RSP and try not to think too much about how half of the alliance is voting for pure evil in the next election cycle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So how are you guys dealing with the shift from 3 stars to 4 stars? I found that a rather big turn off tbh, as I don't play enough to earn covers with any consistency. I'd be less annoyed if I could also send a team of 3 stars vs some challenge for one of those purp coins but you need a pretty high lvl 4 star to get more, so it's really a win more mechanic. Plus there's so many now that it's a rather diluted pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple, none of us are even close to worrying about that yet. The stronger players are still shifting from 2* to 3*. Or from 1* to 2*.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:
Simple, none of us are even close to worrying about that yet. The stronger players are still shifting from 2* to 3*. Or from 1* to 2*.

Ah, I've been playing on/off since launch so I have full max cover 3 stars, I just log in daily and do the taco dailies and a few rounds of whatever sotry event then call it a day. I just don't have enough ISO to max lvl them so 90% of the covers end up getting vendored still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
draxx01 wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:

Ah, I've been playing on/off since launch so I have full max cover 3 stars, I just log in daily and do the taco dailies and a few rounds of whatever sotry event then call it a day. I just don't have enough ISO to max lvl them so 90% of the covers end up getting vendored still.

Well, you're welcome to get daily tacos with us. We're of course not going to be winning any awards for strong placement as an alliance yet. We hit 5005/18607 last season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
CLICK BAIT RAGE!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
CLICK BAIT RAGE!!!!!!!!

Learn this One Trick to maximize your daily ISO-8 earnings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
This doesn't even approach "Wall of Dicks" in interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:
draxx01 wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:

Well, you're welcome to get daily tacos with us. We're of course not going to be winning any awards for strong placement as an alliance yet. We hit 5005/18607 last season.

We'd place better with more members, though. I was 37/5000 last season, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
SabreRedleg wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:
draxx01 wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:

We'd place better with more members, though. I was 37/5000 last season, for example.

Based on how the scaling seems to work, we may drop in the rankings as more people join, depending on where they are in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bugger off!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stunts like this insure that if I EVER encounter this IOS game, I will pass on by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to avoid any game with Puzzle in the title or description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
I tend to avoid any game with Puzzle in the title or description.

I understand the hesitation. I really dislike Candy Crush. But not all match three games are alike. This one requires both strategy and tactics, has beautiful artwork, and is actually fun to play. It's not very puzzle-like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I get a free Pokemon if I sign up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a FB RSP? 'Bloddy slittaz'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
There's a FB RSP? 'Bloddy slittaz'
No, that is the rsp saucy Jack club.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Do I get a free Pokemon if I sign up?

I'll give you a free "Pokey Man" if you sign up. That's the best I can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried this game for a little while two years ago, then quit:
Video Games Ambivalently Continued by VGGers in 2014

Then I tried it again for a little while last year, and quit again:
Item for Geeklist "Video Games Abandoned by VGGers in 2015"

Lengthier rants for why this game annoys me at those links. Suffice to say, I won't be fooled a third time, especially with a library full of other games. (Admittedly, I did recently get lulled back into Marvel Heroes, which is a free to play Diablo clone in the Marvel universe. And just back into Warframe, a free to play robot ninja FPS. But still.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
I tried this game for a little while two years ago, then quit:
Video Games Ambivalently Continued by VGGers in 2014

Then I tried it again for a little while last year, and quit again:
Item for Geeklist "Video Games Abandoned by VGGers in 2015"

Lengthier rants for why this game annoys me at those links. Suffice to say, I won't be fooled a third time, especially with a library full of other games. (Admittedly, I did recently get lulled back into Marvel Heroes, which is a free to play Diablo clone in the Marvel universe. And just back into Warframe, a free to play robot ninja FPS. But still.)

So, you're sayin' there's a chance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:
Just kidding, she didn't.

Video games are a complete waste of time. That's why I limit my consumption to 16 hours a day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this still a thing? I actually broke down and started playing but I don't see an Alliance by the name in the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Surely you can do better than Marvel Puzzle Quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Surely you can do better than Marvel Puzzle Quest.

Nintendo just launched a breath of fire game didn't they? I was eyeballing it but I don't have any knowledge of the franchise so I wasn't really enamored. As for match 3 games with entertaining powers, I think the biggest one is puzzles & dragons. The MTG one sucks balls and I'd avoid it like the plague.

Personally I rather enjoy Marvel MPQ, its a decent experience for 10-20 minutes for someone who plays once daily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.