gelrod
inkarnit
jageroxorz
JaredW25
kendahlj
ZenMonkey11

6 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1626...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do remember an earlier thread on fantasy football, but I don't know if it's still going, as I am not subscribed to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that the previous league is running again. You should check the village square.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in more leagues than I really care to be in at this point so I'm not going to sign up for this one. But... if you end up with an odd number of people and need one more, send me a geekmail and I'll jump in to even it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be down for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Wolfson
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Evildar accuracy ratings: Amekins - 95%; Ortho - 90%; Royal - 80%
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm possibly in for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Wolfson
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gelrod wrote:
There's another fantasy thread, but since it doesn't have room for everyone that's signed up here I'll run it if we can get at least 6 by the weekend, but we'll need to run a draft sometime this weekend or next week. More details to follow.

How many slots are available in that one? If you guys wanted to do that, I could sit out. I was actually not planning on doing FF this year because I always end up playing with lame fuckers but then saw this and thought "why not these lame fuckers?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gelrod wrote:
inkarnit wrote:
gelrod wrote:
There's another fantasy thread, but since it doesn't have room for everyone that's signed up here I'll run it if we can get at least 6 by the weekend, but we'll need to run a draft sometime this weekend or next week. More details to follow.

How many slots are available in that one? If you guys wanted to do that, I could sit out. I was actually not planning on doing FF this year because I always end up playing with lame fuckers but then saw this and thought "why not these lame fuckers?"

I'm signed up for that as well which dropped the count to 0. If there was more room, I'd just suggest everyone move over there...but I'm open to two leagues if there are enough people that want to join in.
You mean soccer right? not American Football?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Wolfson
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GaiusJC wrote:
gelrod wrote:
inkarnit wrote:
gelrod wrote:

I'm signed up for that as well which dropped the count to 0. If there was more room, I'd just suggest everyone move over there...but I'm open to two leagues if there are enough people that want to join in.

Heh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gelrod wrote:
GaiusJC wrote:
gelrod wrote:
inkarnit wrote:
gelrod wrote:

No, I mean football. Calling soccer "football" is for blue collared peasants.
Well, I'm glad to see you think of me that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll sign up for this one then. If it happens, it happens. If not, no big deal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GaiusJC wrote:
gelrod wrote:
inkarnit wrote:
gelrod wrote:

No, they are talking about Fantasy football, not the real one. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great minds think a like. I had this same idea all summer lol. I was gonna test for the Hi games lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was going to be simple. Like you'd have 11 players. each one picks a player playing in the Hi game. Fun times

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
Mine was going to be simple. Like you'd have 11 players. each one picks a player playing in the Hi game. Fun times

I don't think that's what he means, but I'd be interested in that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GaiusJC wrote:
ZenMonkey11 wrote:

I'm talking about the idea I've been sitting with for a few months now.

Like mods would be able to customize the points/rules how they want. But my basic game would be something like this.

11 players. they each pick 1 of the 11 players playing in the Hi game. If the player you picked does any of the following in the game, you get points.

If their team wins +25
If their team wins and they're still in the game +15
If they get lynched or NK'd -15
If their team looses -25
If they are a villager +2, Martyr +4, Hunter +7, Seer +11, Sorc +11, Werewolf +7.

That's just an example. I never tested for balance or any of that other stuff you guys are good at lol.

Also points are award after the game not before it, so no one will know what role there player is to prevent cheating, even thought I know none of us ever would cheat in these games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
GaiusJC wrote:
ZenMonkey11 wrote:

Like mods would be able to customize the points/rules how they want. But my basic game would be something like this.

11 players. they each pick 1 of the 11 players playing in the Hi game. If the player you picked does any of the following in the game, you get points.

If their team wins +25
If their team looses -25
If they are a villager +2, Martyr +4, Hunter +7, Seer +11, Sorc +11, Werewolf +7.

That's just an example. I never tested for balance or any of that other stuff you guys are good at lol.

Also points are award after the game not before it, so no one will know what role there player is to prevent cheating, even thought I know none of us ever would cheat in these games.
Could it be expanded beyond Hi games and with permanent teams of three, like Fantasy Golf?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GaiusJC wrote:
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
GaiusJC wrote:
ZenMonkey11 wrote:

If their team wins +25
If their team looses -25

Could it be expanded beyond Hi games and with permanent teams of three, like Fantasy Golf?
Yeah each mod can add and tweak it how ever they like. I just kept it simple because it can get complex with other rule sets. If you go with a team of 3 the game it self has to have enough room to allow each player to have 3 players.... It won't work with a hi game because they have 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
GaiusJC wrote:
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
GaiusJC wrote:
ZenMonkey11 wrote:

If their team wins +25
If their team looses -25

Yeah each mod can add and tweak it how ever they like. I just kept it simple because it can get complex with other rule sets. If you go with a team of 3 the game it self has to have enough room to allow each player to have 3 players.... It won't work with a hi game because they have 11.
But, it could be across many games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GaiusJC wrote:
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
GaiusJC wrote:
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
GaiusJC wrote:
ZenMonkey11 wrote:

If their team wins +25
If their team looses -25

But, it could be across many games.
Yeah but balance would be an issue...what if a person has 3 team members in a hi game and someone else has 3 in a bigger more complex game... They might get way more points then the other player. It had to be a fair balance. I'm sure it can be done, but who wants to do all that math and balance tweaking lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I think the idea is interesting, it might run against the rules against having out of game incentives(like bets, or GG, or hat-eating, etc) influencing a ww game.

It could lead to players of the Fantasy WW game trying to influence their picks' gameplay/games.

It does make me wonder whether a Fantasy WW simulator would be too big of a project, though. Generate a bunch of WW players, with stats, and run simulated games with them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
While I think the idea is interesting, it might run against the rules against having out of game incentives(like bets, or GG, or hat-eating, etc) influencing a ww game.

It could lead to players of the Fantasy WW game trying to influence their picks' gameplay/games.

It does make me wonder whether a Fantasy WW simulator would be too big of a project, though. Generate a bunch of WW players, with stats, and run simulated games with them...
Not really. I thought about all that. that's why I based it all on roles and basic things that happen in the game instead of things like you get +20 points if your player snipes a vote. Or - 5 points every-time they're voted... Stuff like that could make players try to influence the game. Also it would play out in Cassy where no one outside would have room access.

Also I see it as just a fun little mini game since people like to read and play along with the WW games. There would never be gambling or anything. I get your point that it can be seen that way, but it's not at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah that stats thing would be a huge project. Cassy would have to have a sister that I name Sassy

jk

But in all seriousness it would be huge. I mean Cassy already collects stats. Those stats could be used. Also if you go that rout you'd have to make a season of it instead of my first proposal of it being a simple game companion to a single WW game like the Hi games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be happy to do so math and balancing as for the simulator, that could be interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GaiusJC wrote:
I would be happy to do so math and balancing as for the simulator, that could be interesting.
Think about it. Some rule sets have stuff like tough players, or they could be brought back into the game after an NK.... You'd have to adjust points for each individual player to make sure it's fair. Also you can run the risk of a FWW player being in the same game with a member of another FWW team. It would be kinda messy./ If you kept it to one game. that would assure the WW game itself wont have weird Fantasy shenanigans going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.