Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Matousek
United States
Perry Hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off...I know I am part of a small minority, but I just don't care for miniatures. The character and monster stands, like in Eldritch Horror, is good for me. So my first question is, other than the hero characters, are all of the monsters in the game represented by cards that can be used in stands like those in EH?
My next question is about variables.
When you go to play the same scenario again...what changes? Will the creature, that appeared in a certain room, be there every time? Will searchable items be in the same place?
I appreciate any replies,
StephenJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
StephenJ wrote:
First off...I know I am part of a small minority, but I just don't care for miniatures. The character and monster stands, like in Eldritch Horror, is good for me. So my first question is, other than the hero characters, are all of the monsters in the game represented by cards that can be used in stands like those in EH?
My next question is about variables.
When you go to play the same scenario again...what changes? Will the creature, that appeared in a certain room, be there every time? Will searchable items be in the same place?
I appreciate any replies,
StephenJ

The variability changes from scenario to scenario.

At a minimum certain items will be randomized (you might get a crowbar or an axe in a given room for example) and move around the map a little.

Additionally to that:

Sometimes the map layout can change.

Sometimes objectives can change according to the hidden game clock.

Monster spawns can change, moreso if you have the 1st edition components enabled.

Certain scenario specific story elements can change (for example one scenario is a 'whodunnit' with a variable guilty party).

But keep in mind variability varies significantly from scenario to scenario. Some change quite a lot; some very little. There isn't any standard.

And yes, you can just use the cardboard monster token in stands; the miniatures are entirely aesthetic; all of the pertinent information is on the chit. The monster tokens are exactly the same size and shape as the ones in Eldritch Horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Matousek
United States
Perry Hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Justin for the quick reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KNG LOUIE
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've played three variants of scenario one where items, tiles and monster spawns were different, as well as the introductory narration, IIRC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Anglemark
Sweden
Storvreta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
knglouie wrote:
I've played three variants of scenario one where items, tiles and monster spawns were different, as well as the introductory narration, IIRC.

The intro narration? Are you sure? I've never seen that happen so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.