Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicolas Boulo
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here comes the 1st, of I'm sure will be many, expansion.

Vale of Magic
http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/35343/arcane-themes-join-...

Nick 'The Prophet'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
While I really like Vale of Magic, and I'd buy a first expansion, unless they do something clever for how to mix the contents I probably wouldn't buy more than that - you'll get stacks of cards that are just too hard to shuffle (same reason we stopped buying sets of Ascension).

That said, yay for an expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
StormKnight wrote:
While I really like Vale of Magic, and I'd buy a first expansion, unless they do something clever for how to mix the contents I probably wouldn't buy more than that - you'll get stacks of cards that are just too hard to shuffle (same reason we stopped buying sets of Ascension).

That said, yay for an expansion!

The current enhancement decks have 30-33 cards each and the vales 18 each. And none of these have to be shuffled in-game, only between games (unless an expansion changes this), so we should be able to get enough expansions to double these and it would still be easier to shuffle than Gloom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so happy that this will be coming out so soon!

I adore this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks pretty cool, altho like others, Im not sure if Id get much more than just the 1st expansion. There seems to be plenty of cards as is, and shuffling is hard enough, mostly due to once peeling off the plastic, cards tend to stick together. Cant exactly sleeve them either to offset that surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There's actually not that much considering there is three copies of each advancement, which really hurts the replay value IMO. There is what, 10 different advancements for each tier?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.