1 Posts

Exodus: Proxima Centauri» Forums » Rules

Subject: Few questions about battle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal P
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I recently bought this great game and to my surprise I read all the rules and with the help of this forum almost everything is already clear.

For example you cannot anymore (according to this new rules, you can find them on http://www.nskn.net ) move ship upgrades just before battle. You are allowed to do it just before Conquest stage (so this is big change). So this is finally clear, so it means just before first movement and battle and no more.

But there is one thing which is still not clear, but it is mentioned in example of Conquest stage on page 8. First there is written that Blue player can move ships together by just playing one set of movement tokens, and this should be clarified in Additional rules for the Conquest Stage. But actually there is nothing about this type of movement. Actually this whole example does not make any sense to me according what is written there and what is shown on the picture. For example on the picture is that green Theta 1 should go in direction of 1 and not 6! For red player it is OK. But for blue player only Omega 1 goes in direction of 6 and then 1. So when the Theta 2 actually moved? So one possibility that before any other player, Blue player moved Theta 2 without using any movement token and after that all the movement tokens was revealed and rest of the ships were moved. But in this case it means that Blue player did not moved the ships together, as it is written in the rules, but separately. So how is it? There is no rule about group movement just with one set of movement tokens. And I really think that for blue player it must be misprint on the example picture.

Another question about this movement without movement tokens. If there will be more than one player not using movement tokens, in what order are the movements of different players resolved. Turn order or reverse order?

And one more think about this example picture on page 8. According to the picture there are 3 shields on Blue Omega 1 and Omega 2. Two Electronic shields and one Multi-Polar Grid shield. OK ship itself can withstand only one damage, so if you will count it together it gives you 5 damage. But still how it is possible that this Multi-Polar Grid shield is assigned to the place of Engine upgrade??? Does it mean that you can put any upgrade to any slot? So does it mean that ship can have for example two engines, one placed on engine slot and one on shield? Or how does this work? And even so, how is it possible that this blue ship was able to go up to 2 hexes without engines? And the same for the Green player, his ship does not have engine too! It seems to me that this is again some kind of misprint. This could actually happen only if you are allowed to rearrange all the upgrades just before Battle, but if you are not allowed to do it, according to this rules only just before Conquest stage, it cannot happen at all.

That is actually why this part of rules does not make any sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.