GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,957 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Advanced Squad Leader» Forums » General

Subject: What Modules Am I Missing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike M
United States
Pisgah Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
www.gameholecon.com
badge
129/420
mbmbmbmbmb
Though I am still kept busy with ASLSK, I have been collecting ASL modules as they come into print. I have the following:

Beyond Valor 3rd Edition
Yanks 2nd Edition
For King and Country
Doomed Battalions 3rd Edition
Rising Sun
Hakkaa Päälle

What am I missing as far as actual content with the boxed modules at this point? I know that over the years they have been updated and combined so I am not sure what I am missing considering what I already have. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hollow Legions (Italians; wait for the next version that'll have Chapter F)
Armies of Oblivion (Axis Minors)
Croix de Guerre (French; the boards are in the new Yanks, uncertain what they'll do for 2nd Ed)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Pearson
England
Leicester
flag msg tools
Never drop a crate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Armies of Oblivion (Axis Minors), Doomed Legions(or something like that?)(Italians/DTO) and Croix de Guerre(French) off the top of my head.

nvm, I'm a retard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of modules and things to purchase for ASL. I always go to the source:

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Products/tabid/58/Category...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Pisgah Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
www.gameholecon.com
badge
129/420
mbmbmbmbmb
I have everything they have in print. Just trying to figure out what I need to look ahead for reprints of. So far it sounds like:

Hollow Legions
Armies of Oblivion
Croix de Guerre

What about Partisan!? Are scenarios 27-34 available in another product or will they be in an upcoming reprint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The counters from Partisan! (Axis Minor infantry and SW) were included in the last version of Armies of Oblivion. My expectation is that the scenarios will also be there in the next version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Richards
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Partisan shouldn't be too expensive second-hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Frederick
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the module dependency chart here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/31682/asl-module-dependen...

It may not have Yanks 2, but should be pretty current.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Games I want to play on VASSAL: ASL, ASLSK, GMT CDG's I own
badge
Games I want to play on VASSAL: ASL, ASLSK, GMT CDG's I own
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheep wrote:
Though I am still kept busy with ASLSK, I have been collecting ASL modules as they come into print. I have the following:

Beyond Valor 3rd Edition
Yanks 2nd Edition
For King and Country
Doomed Battalions 3rd Edition
Rising Sun
Hakkaa Päälle

What am I missing as far as actual content with the boxed modules at this point? I know that over the years they have been updated and combined so I am not sure what I am missing considering what I already have. Thanks!

I guess you're quite new to the system, just like me, because those are exactly the modules I have. The first response is correct: The core modules you are missing are Hollow Legions (italians+desert rules), Croix de Guerre (french) and Armies of Oblivion (axis minors). I think everything has been incorporated into those tree plus the ones you have. Luckily for us both, MMP has indicated that they are working on HL and CdG. Hopefully, AoO will also be reprinted in the not too distant future.

Don't forget there's a new core module coming: Forgotten War, a module about the Korean War.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pcfrederick wrote:
Check the module dependency chart here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/31682/asl-module-dependen...

It may not have Yanks 2, but should be pretty current.

I'll try to do an update any day now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheep wrote:

What you have right there will keep you busy for years, so unless you are obsessed with Italians, French or Axis Minors I don't think you need to worry about any modules until they reprint them down the road ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincenzo Beretta
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm Italian... However, don't forget that HL comes with the desert rules, and those unlock the Afrika Korps, Torch and Tunisia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reckall wrote:
Well, I'm Italian...

Well, then you have to have the Italians ...

And yes; whenever the new and improved Hollow Legions come out, it will include the new and improved Chapter F rules for the desert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.