Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Duke's ability be used when there are monsters in Pete Ashcan's space or must Pete run an evade check?

And what about monsters in the other space where the trade takes place? Do monters in this space affect Duke's ability?

Thanks!

Daniel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still an action. Do any action other than attack then you must evade. It only affects Pete (not the other investigators). We also play that since this is a Trade action, Duke can pick things up in both spaces (he's playing fetch).

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was pretty sure I read somewhere that Duke's trade action is a free action since it says "at the start of your turn" or somesuch. I don't think it is clear, and I had similar issues with it, but I think there are a lot of people playing with it differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mcleod
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
Its not very clear your right - but Duke being one of your two actions seems the more balanced option - otherwise pete would technically be getting three actions every turn lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jani Pietikäinen
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, the "At the start of your turn" -wording seems to imply that Duke's ability is not to be used in conjunction with your normal actions.
The way I see it, when you take your first action, your turn is no longer at the "start"...
I think in many other games the "start" of the turn is something that takes place before the normal turn actions begin happening.

And since Duke doesn't offer a "component action" either (no bold Action:-text on the card), I'd say Duke is not an action at all and therefore I wouldn't apply evading rules to his ability
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateo jurasic
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
The wording is ambiguous.... Gotta pick one interpretation and wait for ffg faq.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pietu85 wrote:
To me, the "At the start of your turn" -wording seems to imply that Duke's ability is not to be used in conjunction with your normal actions.
The way I see it, when you take your first action, your turn is no longer at the "start"...
I think in many other games the "start" of the turn is something that takes place before the normal turn actions begin happening.

And since Duke doesn't offer a "component action" either (no bold Action:-text on the card), I'd say Duke is not an action at all and therefore I wouldn't apply evading rules to his ability

Exactly.

RyanMcleod wrote:
Its not very clear your right - but Duke being one of your two actions seems the more balanced option - otherwise pete would technically be getting three actions every turn lol

Sort of, but trading, while useful, isn't the same as having a chance to investigate another token, attack, or move again. It's certainly very good, but it seems to me like you receive Duke and the Flux Stabilizer IN PLACE of other starting items. It always seems like you have less variety when you start with Kate and/or Pete. Not sure this is correct, but it wouldn't be hard to test.

This would account for how good the item is, plus the fact that you have to pick Pete to have access to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.