Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing today and I got a "Broken arm" face-up Damage card. I should drop all items except two and I could not carry more than two tiems while this card is face-up.

So far, so good... until I received a second face-up broken arm damage card.

Are they somehow accumulative or should I just ignore that efect?

Daniel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the cards literally. They both say you cannot carry more than 2 items. So, you cannot carry more than 2 items. It doesn't say you carry 2 items less than normal or anything, just a cap on max items.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Cheow
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
dgmaga wrote:
I was playing today and I got a "Broken arm" face-up Damage card. I should drop all items except two and I could not carry more than two tiems while this card is face-up.

So far, so good... until I received a second face-up broken arm damage card.

Are they somehow accumulative or should I just ignore that efect?

Daniel

i guess u can take it that the same arm is broken in 2 places. haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Pereira
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Also have this question.

How about cards that do not specify the limit like that but are more of the kind:

"When X condition happens do Y"

For example I can't remember the exact card right now but I got two of the same and it was something along the lines

"When something happens flip a horror face up"

If I had two of such cards would I have to flip two horrors when the trigger happened?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they would stack, I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thefreak wrote:
Also have this question.

How about cards that do not specify the limit like that but are more of the kind:

"When X condition happens do Y"

For example I can't remember the exact card right now but I got two of the same and it was something along the lines

"When something happens flip a horror face up"

If I had two of such cards would I have to flip two horrors when the trigger happened?

Yes, they would stack and two other horrors would be flipped. Remember that each card is read and works individually. So you would follow the directions of one faceup, flip one horror, follow the directions of your other faceup, then flip another card--as well as follow the directions of the cards that were flipped up.

In regards to the OP's question, the card that he has double of states that the investigator can only have up to 2 items in their possession. That works the same both ways. He would follow the directions of one faceup, drop until he has two items, and then follow the directions of the other faceup, which in this case has no effect because he only has two items now. It doesn't say to discard an additional 2 items since he has a copy, it's just in general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks for the comments. The arguments about this effect not being accumulative are very valid. I will play like that.

I will just assume that the investigator has broken the same arm in two places. :)

Daniel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Anglemark
Sweden
Storvreta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dgmaga wrote:
I will just assume that the investigator has broken the same arm in two places.

Or that she has got a second opinion that confirms what the first paramedic told her!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.