United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
When will these be available in stores? Will it just be from be Stonemeier website or will they go to retail stores (and if so will they be coming to the UK)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they put these on sale through selected retailers and the stonemaier website at the beginning of the month. I am pretty sure that they are sold out of everything but a few copies of the board extension. As of when I posted this message you could still order the board extension here:

http://stonemaier-games.myshopify.com/products/game-board-ex...

As always, if there are other things you want them to reprint you can request them here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScfeu-vkPKywrXOcVkr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I know they are mostly sold out, I'm asking if they are coming back... Consideirng the next print run of the game hits stores at the beginning of October I'm wondering if they will be making more of these items. Tbh I can live without the resources and coins, it's the board extension and dials etc I would like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
Yes I know they are mostly sold out, I'm asking if they are coming back... Consideirng the next print run of the game hits stores at the beginning of October I'm wondering if they will be making more of these items. Tbh I can live without the resources and coins, it's the board extension and dials etc I would like.

Sorry that wasn't clear from your post!

So far there is no word of a reprint of these items, but it becomes more likely the more that people request it on the form I linked to. The board extension is available now, and I would grab it if I were you. There may or may not be more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Jamey posted or has mentioned before that the realistic resource tokens/extension board/metal coins will not be re-printed anytime soon. As the person above posted, you can submit a re-print request using the form linked. When he has enough interest, he will do a reprint. It worked for Viticulture metal coins. I've been waiting forever to get them and he finally is re-printing them. I got a pre-order in already.

For the realistic resource tokens, you can order them from the company he used, but it's pricier than what KS backers paid and they are just slightly different. I don't have the link handy, as I got them on August 1st when he sent out his newsletter with links to the KS extras and got the tokens then as I had all the other stuff - Metal coins/extension board as I had the premium edition and pre-ordered the extension board on KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McGrath
Canada
flag msg tools
The website states:

The only version of Scythe we now make is the retail version, and we will make and sell the various accessories separately. You’ll be able to buy these products from retailers based on the following timeline (please subscribe to our e-newsletter for notification):

- retail Scythe (second printing): October 1
- metal coins: November 1
- board extension: December 1
- realistic resources: December 1
- promo pack: The promo pack is comprised of 5 different types of promos, which we’ll release via the BGG store over the next 6 months (see below).

Source: http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The dates and link that Sean posted are the most up-to-date information I have on this subject so far. I'd recommend checking that Buy page on our website in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
The dates and link that Sean posted are the most up-to-date information I have on this subject so far. I'd recommend checking that Buy page on our website in the future.

Thanks everyone! I've ordered a copy of the extension (don't even have the game yet!). I can live without the resources and coins, but will keep my eyes out for the promo packs in the BGG store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Dodson
United States
Akron
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

Thanks everyone! I've ordered a copy of the extension (don't even have the game yet!). I can live without the resources and coins, but will keep my eyes out for the promo packs in the BGG store.

Promo Pack #2 is up right now on BGG Store, if it's not already sold out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't support games that I didn't support on KS, that have better versions out there that are unavailable. I will consider it if reprinted in the best edition in the future. No rush though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
I don't support games that I didn't support on KS, that have better versions out there that are unavailable. I will consider it if reprinted in the best edition in the future. No rush though!

Knock yourself out. I'm sure he'll go back on his word toward his already-paying customers just to appease you, personally. Any day now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
UA Darth: We're printing more of all of the components that go in the (for example) Collector's Edition box. If you're holding out for a future printing of a box that says "Scythe Collector's Edition," it's not going to happen. That would be disrespectful to everyone who bought that edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
We're printing more of all of the components that go in the (for example) Collector's Edition box. If you're holding out for a future printing of a box that says "Scythe Collector's Edition," it's not going to happen. That would be disrespectful to everyone who bought that edition.

Oh yeah totally get that Jamey, not sure what these others are on about. I just want to get the best/most pimped version I can as a retail customer, that's all. So all I was asking was if/when the upgraded components etc will be available. As it stands now I have a preorder in for the game with my FLGS, I've ordered the extension from your site and promo pack 2 from BGG. That'll do for now. Once I get paid I'll probably order the coins.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter: Sounds good! Sorry, my comment was in response to UA Darth, not you. I'll edit my comment to reflect that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Peter: Sounds good! Sorry, my comment was in response to UA Darth, not you. I'll edit my comment to reflect that.

Ok no worries - just didn't want you to think I was having a go. Thanks very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
UA Darth: We're printing more of all of the components that go in the (for example) Collector's Edition box. If you're holding out for a future printing of a box that says "Scythe Collector's Edition," it's not going to happen. That would be disrespectful to everyone who bought that edition.

Does anybody know if the KS for the expansion is expected to have as an add-on the base game at a tier that includes all the gameplay extras (i.e., not including books of artwork, but including the coins, resources, expanded board, etc.)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
msg tools
Since this has moved a bit past just the board extension, I'll ask this here:
I'm interested in buying the promo cards too. Do I have to buy them singly as they are released or will there be a single pack with all promo cards bundled together? Cost of shipping gets unreasonable on mini expansions if you have to order them all separate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JJRR_Esq wrote:

Does anybody know if the KS for the expansion is expected to have as an add-on the base game at a tier that includes all the gameplay extras (i.e., not including books of artwork, but including the coins, resources, expanded board, etc.)?

Since the expansion will be a normal retail release, no KS or pre-order through the SMG site, I'm afraid not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
tibbles wrote:
I'm interested in buying the promo cards too. Do I have to buy them singly as they are released or will there be a single pack with all promo cards bundled together? Cost of shipping gets unreasonable on mini expansions if you have to order them all separate.

We're releasing those promos individually, not as a pack, but I think you'll be able to put multiple promos in your cart if you wait for the right time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:
tibbles wrote:

We're releasing those promos individually, not as a pack, but I think you'll be able to put multiple promos in your cart if you wait for the right time.

Thanks, that's fine as long as I don't have to worry about the first released one already being out of print before the last one comes out.

The whole mini expansion trend lost a lot of charm to me when I realized minimum shipping costs seemed to double the price of anything I tried to buy off the market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We have plenty of copies of the promos--it's just a matter of the BGG store letting us stock them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:

Knock yourself out. I'm sure he'll go back on his word toward his already-paying customers just to appease you, personally. Any day now.

I personally have no interest in whether something was promised or not. If something ridiculous(from my perspective)(better components) is promised as exclusive to KS, then I have every right to express my lack of interest in buying the product if the best edition is not made available to me. I do not see the reason to jump on me for that. You seriously need to consider where all that hostility is coming from.

To Mr Steg, I couldn't care less about what is on a box. I only care about being able to purchase the best components that were made available. Time is not important. I am willing to wait until whenever it is made available again. Is this something I should look out for on your site only, or will it become distributed to retailers? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
franklincobb wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:

I personally have no interest in whether something was promised or not. If something ridiculous(from my perspective)(better components) is promised as exclusive to KS, then I have every right to express my lack of interest in buying the product if the best edition is not made available to me. I do not see the reason to jump on me for that. You seriously need to consider where all that hostility is coming from.

Trust me, there's no hostility. If there were, it would be more clear.

There were multiple opportunities to get the editions you're talking about. First the Kickstarter, then an advertised WELL in advance opportunity to buy the extra stock (that's what I did.). You can be ticked off or express your lack of interest, that's fine. But every gamer sometimes considers themselves a special, beautiful snowflake and their opinion should move mountains. If that doesn't happen here for you, sorry for that cold splash of water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the elements of the Collector's Edition will be available this fall and throughout the coming months. You can see how to subscribe our e-newsletter here--that's where you get notice of their availability from retailers: http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
webs1 wrote:
JJRR_Esq wrote:

Since the expansion will be a normal retail release, no KS or pre-order through the SMG site, I'm afraid not.

Did not realize there was no KS on the expansion. Understood, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.