Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Shurig
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
'Ole Pete Alexander gave up 5 HR's in only 6 IP? Wow! He gave up only 3 the entire season in 376 IP. And the Hitless Wonders White Sox of 1917 hit only 18 HR's all year as a team. How realistically are the stats incorporated into the SI Baseball game? Would the stats achieved be realistic throughout the course of a season, or is this simply an abnormal game which happens now and then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom0909
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think those are official charts from the game (maybe the OP can clarify). I owned this game once, and it only had a bunch HOF level players, no actual teams.

I thought stats were pretty accurate, allowing for the fact that it is superstars vs. superstars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom0909
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to question whether this is a rules issue. There's a result off a pitcher's card that is (HR). This comes up a lot for Alexander (and it doesn't exist in the original game).

It means: roll off the batters card*, if it's an HR, then change to single. Otherwise, treat as whatever it says. Possibly this is being misinterpreted as a straight HR result.

*The way the game is played, you roll off the pitcher first and either get a result or blank. Blank means roll off the hitter's card.

Not trying to criticize the OP, as the session report was interesting nonetheless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer99 wrote:
'Ole Pete Alexander gave up 5 HR's in only 6 IP? Wow! He gave up only 3 the entire season in 376 IP. And the Hitless Wonders White Sox of 1917 hit only 18 HR's all year as a team. How realistically are the stats incorporated into the SI Baseball game? Would the stats achieved be realistic throughout the course of a season, or is this simply an abnormal game which happens now and then?

If it's anything like the SI football games, there's a chance of an overriding defense result, which means that somebody who never hit a home run could hit one off the defensive result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
blackwatch wrote:
The charts are fan-made...

Link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom0909
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:
blackwatch wrote:
The charts are fan-made...

Link?

I believe it is this.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/3117/teamsofthepast-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.