Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hobbit Life
United States
Muncy
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
...the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do Event card tags count toward tag counts? I.e. those cards that require a certain number of science tags or earth tags to score points or make cards playable etc. Since the Event cards are face down, do their tags still count or not?
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They only count for end game things. That is why they are face down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobbit Life
United States
Muncy
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
...the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.
mbmbmbmbmb
RageGoblin wrote:

Thanks! That's what I figured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Kamei

Honolulu
Hawaii
msg tools
mbmbmb
RageGoblin wrote:

The tags do not count after they are face down (will not count for endgame points); they only apply when played, according to page 10:

Events (red cards, C) are collected in a personal pile face down after being played. Their tags only apply while being played (for example using the discount on card E when playing a space event).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bajohrs
msg tools
mb
Do they count or not? I'm sure they count towards the funded Awards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they don't count to Awards, as the event cards aren't in play as they are turned down. Rules on page 11 says "Scientist: Having the most science tags in play" Tags on Event cards only count when you play them, not after they are played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of event tags, just played it once and noticed that Jovian tag has end game bonus related, how about earth tag?
Any card that related to this tag for set collection purpose or any other purpose?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
vardamir wrote:
Speaking of event tags, just played it once and noticed that Jovian tag has end game bonus related, how about earth tag?
Any card that related to this tag for set collection purpose or any other purpose?

Thanks.

There are some cards that refer to the earth tag(such as making cards with the tag cheaper, or giving +1M€ income per earth tag), but none of them score extra points for earth tags at the end of the game like the 3(?) Jovian cards do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Drake
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/146650/fireknife
badge
Burn to learn / learn to burn
mbmbmbmbmb
alohagamer wrote:
RageGoblin wrote:

The tags do not count after they are face down (will not count for endgame points); they only apply when played, according to page 10:

Events (red cards, C) are collected in a personal pile face down after being played. Their tags only apply while being played (for example using the discount on card E when playing a space event).

I'm confused because the last step on the "Game End & Scoring" player aid card says:

Quote:
Turn your pile of played event cards (red) face up and count up VPs from all your played cards according to their VP symbols.

This seems to imply that they come back into play for, e.g., cards that give you points for each Jovian tag you have. (Since this step happens after points for Awards and Milestones, I can see that they might not count for those.) If this were not the case, why would any events have tags on them at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mundungus wrote:
alohagamer wrote:
RageGoblin wrote:

I'm confused because the last step on the "Game End & Scoring" player aid card says:

Quote:
Turn your pile of played event cards (red) face up and count up VPs from all your played cards according to their VP symbols.

This seems to imply that they come back into play for, e.g., cards that give you points for each Jovian tag you have. (Since this step happens after points for Awards and Milestones, I can see that they might not count for those.) If this were not the case, why would any events have tags on them at all?

Event cards have tags on them because when you play them the Tags are active and you might get discounts on the cost of the card, or they can be payed with Steel or Titanium if they have the Building or Space Tags... they can trigger other cards that get triggered on specific tags are played... etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also cards that ask you to count up *blank* cards ever played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
mundungus wrote:
alohagamer wrote:
RageGoblin wrote:

Quote:

It shouldn't imply anything. It tells you very specifically to count up the VP symbols. Nothing is mentioned about putting them back into play to count their Jovian or any other tags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.