5 Posts

Conflict of Heroes: Eastern Front – Solo Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mission track order timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom R
msg tools
Hi,

I have a question about when to invoke the mission track order when starting a new round based on two passes. Does the order on the mission track happen before or after the roll for round initiative?

I.e, if the AI and I pass, when do I execute the order on the mission track? Before rolling and determining initiative or after? If it was after, the AI could get two consecutive actions if the AI gets an action on the mission track and also wins the initiative.

I've been playing where i just do the action and then roll the dice for initiative and move on.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trima wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about when to invoke the mission track order when starting a new round based on two passes. Does the order on the mission track happen before or after the roll for round initiative?

I.e, if the AI and I pass, when do I execute the order on the mission track? Before rolling and determining initiative or after? If it was after, the AI could get two consecutive actions if the AI gets an action on the mission track and also wins the initiative.

I've been playing where i just do the action and then roll the dice for initiative and move on.

Thanks!

The mission track doesn't move when the round ends; it moves when the AI draws a card to perform an action and the top of the card specifies that the mission track moves. The text on the mission track then happens immediately, so if the AI was going to pass, the mission track order would occur first, as you go top-down on the card.

Does that clear things up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you are referring to Mission Orders, like Counteractions, these are executed when an order card says to do so. Some order cards may say to execute Mission Orders as the last option on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
As stated above, the mission track doesn't move forward every round. It is not there to count the number of rounds in the game. It represents events that may or may not happen during the entire game.

It moves forward when the AI's drawn card shows the symbols at the very top of the card, and the conditions actually apply, then the rest of the card is carried out as normal, once the mission event has been completed.

In theory you could go through the entire mission track in the same game round if the right (wrong !!!) cards were drawn for the AI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom R
msg tools
Wow, i totally missed that. I assumed that each round was a step in the mission track. Now i get it!

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.