Subject: Time elapsed table rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Just setting up for my trial runs.....a little confused on the time elapsed tables relating to time elapsed and ammo expended on that particular card..
How do you equate that...if I roll a 3 ...does 4 hours pass for the +1 modifier past sunrise...as for ammo 6 HE....and 3 .30 cal boxes? Is this correct?
Thanks for any help...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fliss
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
Damn fine soldiers, Cottonbalers by God! -- US 7th Infantry Regiment
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom, you have it correct. Roll a single D10 for both time and ammo spent. Time elapsed is the D10 roll divided by two (round down) plus 1 additional hour. Ammo expended is the same D10 roll times two for HE and times one for MG.

Good luck and have fun!

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Steve...
Rules seem a little daunting at first...surprisingly,no videos for this game..feel it would really help....especially for rookies new to board gaming like myself
Bound and determined to get it right soon enough..till then ..."I will have to rely on the kidness of strangers!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom,
You will find that the people on BGG are great at helping out. This is my number one site everyday.

It has been YEARS since I played this one. I loved it but was unable to finish as life kept getting in the way. Our first child took my gaming room so I had to pack up both Patton's Best and Ambush!. I keep toying with the idea of pulling it out and giving it a go.

Good luck!
Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hodges69 wrote:
Just setting up for my trial runs.....a little confused on the time elapsed tables relating to time elapsed and ammo expended on that particular card..
How do you equate that...if I roll a 3 ...does 4 hours pass for the +1 modifier past sunrise...as for ammo 6 HE....and 3 .30 cal boxes? Is this correct?
Thanks for any help...

I think the maths is wrong here.

If a 3 is rolled then : 3/2 = 1 1/2 ( 1.5 ) rounded down to 1 + 1 = 2 hours past sunrise. 6 HE and 3 x .30 cal boxes MG ammo are correct though.

If the result of 1D/2 ( rounded down ) is 3 then 4 hours pass. However, HE is then = 12 , and 0.30 cal boxes = 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bezmozgu wrote:
Tom, you have it correct.

Sorry, but the maths quoted was incorrect, see my previous post...

Quote:
Roll a single D10 for both time and ammo spent. Time elapsed is the D10 roll divided by two (round down) plus 1 additional hour. Ammo expended is the same D10 roll times two for HE and times one for MG.

This however, is correct...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Edwin....thanks..I wasn't as concerned with the math as I was the calculation process..got it perfectly now...thanks..
Jim,
I know what you are saying...I have several other games I had questions about and got fast,accurate answers....great boards...thanks..
I just retired 3 months ago but may have to return to work to support my new passion,but I am sure everyone else has the same virus!

A Hardy and Laurel thanx to all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Does the / line separating the DR..indicate "divide by 2?"
My newness shines brightly.Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fliss
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
Damn fine soldiers, Cottonbalers by God! -- US 7th Infantry Regiment
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, divide the DR by the number following the "/" symbol as in the case of the Time Elapsed line of the Time Elapsed Table. The dice rolling conventions are explained in "Rule 3.2 Dice and the Tables" on page 4 of the rule book. The game has lots of charts but once you play it through a couple of times it moves along more smoothly and quickly. The dice conventions will become second nature as will the mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Once again...my thanks..

So many rules.....so little memory!
Making the transition from avid computer wargamer to avid board gamer can be difficult at times...but,oh,so much more rewarding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hodges69 wrote:

That's the main reason I prefer computer war games to board games these days ! I do wish more of the board games I have, had been computerised though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
DEB8 wrote:
hodges69 wrote:

That's the main reason I prefer computer war games to board games these days ! I do wish more of the board games I have, had been computerised though...

To me,ww2 computer games became predictable and repetitious...one game became a clone of the other...same old crap in a different package..now remember,I am a senior,so while my reflexes are kind ok,they are no where near what they were...I prefer a thinking man's strategy game..with a mental story involved as well as a role playing element....board gaming meets those
needs...and I am quite fulfilled with games like B-17..warfighter ...silent Hunter...raid on st.nazaire....etc..and looking forward to target for today,
Fields of fire,etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hodges69 wrote:
To me,ww2 computer games became predictable and repetitious...one game became a clone of the other...same old crap in a different package..now remember,I am a senior,so while my reflexes are kind ok,they are no where near what they were...I prefer a thinking man's strategy game..with a mental story involved as well as a role playing element....board gaming meets those
needs...and I am quite fulfilled with games like B-17..warfighter ...silent Hunter...raid on st.nazaire....etc..and looking forward to target for today, Fields of fire,etc.

I only have 5 WW2 PC games out of approx. 33 PC games in total. I particularly like the three original Combat Mission games out of those 5, but more so I like the 3 Total War games that I have ( STW, STW (WE) and MTW(Gold) ), as I enjoy the detailed battles. I have tended towards turn based games ( and avoided 1st person games ), so reactions are not a problem, except for the Total War battles ( where I use the pause button rather a lot... ).

I have approx. 37 board games ( and access to approx. 12 more - via my brother ); and for approx. 11 of these I have suitable PC "versions".

IMHO all games become clone like if you play them often enough ; hence my collections ( I guess ).

Try something ( PC ) previous to WW2 perhaps...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Oh,I have....Sid Meir games empire,et al...wasteland was one of my early favorites on the c-64.,tried a ton of fantasy games...they tended to repeat themselves as well...got very tedious after a while...space games as well....have an Xbox 1that is rarely turned on...I agree with you on first person shooters....was referencing them mostly...loved the old SSI games..ssg...gone,but not forgotten...seems companies preferred pretty graphics over realistic game play...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Oh,I have....Sid Meir games empire,et al...wasteland was one of my early favorites on the c-64.,tried a ton of fantasy games...they tended to repeat themselves as well...got very tedious after a while...space games as well....have an Xbox 1that is rarely turned on...I agree with you on first person shooters....was referencing them mostly...loved the old SSI games..ssg...gone,but not forgotten...seems companies preferred pretty graphics over realistic game play...

Hmmm ; perhaps you need to adjust your Genre preferences somewhat re ( PC ) game types & periods on the market, to attain greater satisfaction... (?)

[ A c-64 is a really old PC I believe ; and X-Box games tend to be 1st Person shooters... Perhaps a new Desktop PC game on a new Desktop PC... ?
Care :- A Windows 10 O/S does not play many games made for Windows 7 or earlier ! ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
To tell the truth...I have really lost interest in computer gaming...nothing I see feels like " a must play"...perhaps something down the road might re-kindle my interest...but,boardgames are my passion now... challenging as hell,yes,but for me,a very high return factor.i might add that during my gaming days,I owned high end PCs with excellent graphics cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only say that as I grow older ( and my capacity to remember things gets worse ), I find Board games more difficult than PC games when it comes to procedures and rules. As such it's nice that a PC game remembers the rules for me, so there is much more gaming and much less rule reading / pondering.

Each to his/her own...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Well Edwin,I can tell you that as a senior senior,I am blessed with a good memory...and I would like to believe that the rigors of board gaming help to keep it honed...
When playing PC games in the past,I always went for substance over pretty pictures...and so many companies involved in producing games of substance went belly up...I kinda lost interest.

In any case...the lesson here,if there is one,is to just enjoy the hell out of what makes you happy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hodges69 wrote:
Well Edwin,I can tell you that as a senior senior,I am blessed with a good memory...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.