Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Arbo
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought this game at GenCon to play with my wife. We've played a couple of games now and we both really like it.

There are some questions I have about some of the rules though to do with how you use the Wild Cards.

From the rule book is says that you can use the wild card on any clue set or use it as it's own set (i.e. if you don't have any sixes it can be a six). The rules also say that at the end of the game you can assign your wild cards. So...does that mean that at the end of the game I could assign my wild card as a single clue that I don't have....a five for example if I don't have any fives?

Secondly, my wife had two wild cards to assign at the end of the game and I had one wild card. I didn't see anywhere in the rule book that stated in what order the players assigned the wild cards. This would be important because if she assigned it to one set it could easily dictate where I place my unassigned wild card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without the rules in front of me, these answers are strictly by memory.

First, you are correct, you can assign your unassigned wild cards to clues you don't have - keep in mind that there is a limit of 1 wild card per clue type and unassigned wild cards at the end of the game cost you points.

Second, I play that wild cards assigned at the end of the game are done simultaneously. Not sure if that's the official way to play, but it seems the most fair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fogcutter wrote:
So...does that mean that at the end of the game I could assign my wild card as a single clue that I don't have....a five for example if I don't have any fives?

No, I don't think that is allowed

Unassigned wild cards are -3 points at the end of the game. If you were able to assign it to a set you don't have (like as a 5 if you have no actual 5s) then it would be near impossible to have unassigned wild cards at the end of the game

From the videos I've watched and reviews I read, I think some of the rules are a bit vague due to translation

The way I understand it when you get a wild card you either
1) assign it a group of clues you have in front of you (that don't already have a wild card)

2) set it aside for later in the game for when you get a new clue (a number you don't yet have) you can immediately add your previously set aside wild card to that number. Ie: Pick up your first 5, place it in front of you and take your wild card and stack with that 5.

At the end of the game, you have to assign wild cards you have not yet assigned along with your hidden cards. Same concept applies. I have no 6's face up in front of me, but one of my hidden cards is a 6. So I can play my 6 and add my wild card to it...
If I didn't have any hidden cards, I could not place my wild card so I'd lose 3 points.

At least that's what I gathered. See this thread for more info: re: wild cards. My interpretation is all based on a Spanish video reviewer who got clarifications from the designer (found towards the end of that thread)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That interpretation works too.

Hmmmm, I guess some official clarification is in order!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't have 6s you can't make it a 6. You can hold it to the side until you play a 6 then you can immediately play it with that 6.

On a similar note let's say you gave a 6 and a wild card with that 6.
Your opponent then steals your 6. Your wild card becomes unattached and is no longer a 6. You can play it on any number you play later that starts a new pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the earlier posts discusses wild cards and got an official response. Not sure which post it was

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathstroke wrote:

I didn't see the above post. He is quoting the official interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dnasearchr wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

I didn't see the above post. He is quoting the official interpretation.

Thanks - I stand corrected!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl G
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just basically think of it as: you can't have more wildcards than you have different sets. If you have more, you get penalized.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Srdj
Croatia
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems very unlikely that you will have more wildcards than you have sets? I mean are you really gonna have less than five sets started by the end of the game? And even then, chances are the other player will have one or more of the wild cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.