Popular Tags: [View All]
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played as Spice Job as Imperial tonight. Am doing Core + Twin Shadows. Chose Inspiring Leadership class and bought "Press On" class card following "Aftermath". It lets you restore one damage to all figures in any one "Imperial Group" at the end of a round. I took it at face value - I can use it on Imperial deployment cards, but not Scum.

But then the Mission text refers to a mission token being in possession of an "Imperial figure". One yellow and two red neutral mission tokens are randomized to be placed under a Probe Droid and the two figures comprising an Elite Transdoshan Hunter group.

So that got me wondering - could I have used Press On to heal Scum? Could find no other thread here or at FFG on this nor FAQ entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules Reference Guide, page 13, "Imperial Figures."

Quote:
Imperial Figures
During a campaign, all figures belonging to the Imperial player
are Imperial figures. This includes all Deployment cards with an
[Imperial] or [Scum] icon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, as the rules quote above says, figures with the Mercenary affiliation are considered to be Imperial figures during the campaign. Their affiliation is still Mercenary, but that term has a special meaning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan M.

Tucson
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I ran Twin Shadows as my last campaign and I used the Technical Superiority deck and had the Technical Support card.

http://imperial-assault.wikia.com/wiki/Technical_Support

I looked at that and went, I guess I am only using that on Probe droids.

Does this mean I could have actually used an HK group in my open groups and they could have benefited from this card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, all Droids controlled by the Imperial player are Imperial Droids in the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Although not - importantly - junk droids. Those guys would be OP if they could use Tech Support, but they can't since they're companions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear, Junk Droids are also Imperial Droids, but Companions cannot be affected by class cards, among others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.