6 Posts

Conflict of Heroes: Eastern Front – Solo Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Close combat action point cost rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom R
msg tools
Hi,

Maybe a dumb question but when moving and executing close combat, how many action points do I check for spent? Is it cost of move plus cost of attack? I assume so since the unit is doing both in same turn.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trima wrote:
Hi,

Maybe a dumb question but when moving and executing close combat, how many action points do I check for spent? Is it cost of move plus cost of attack? I assume so since the unit is doing both in same turn.

Thanks!

Units don't move and attack on the same turn, even when entering "close combat". Close combat means that your unit(s) are in the same hex as your opponent's unit(s), nothing more. It does not mean any kind of free or simultaneous attack (which is unlike many wargames, and tends to trip some people up.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I.e. an action can be a movement, in which case the movement cost is as usual for moving into a hex with enemy units...

or an action can be an attack, in which case a unit already in a hex with enemy units can make a close combat attack (against an enemy in its hex), and the attack cost is as usual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom R
msg tools
Oh ok- thanks. I was reading into the rules that I could attack if I wanted to but didn't realize I had to wait until next turn. Makes it much more risky if I have to risk going spent just before I attack. I suppose I'd mostly want to use CAP or action cards to move into his hex.

Love this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom R
msg tools
Thanks- that makes sense to split it up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Moving into close combat is quite risky. The best way is to wait until your target is spent and your opponent is out of CAPs and cards, but of course your opponent may not be so obliging.

I like to restrict close combat to instances in which the target already has one hit, and hope that the hit is one that lowered his combat values.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.