flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- It's a co-op
- It has variable player powers
- It's got a variable board setup
- It's got a fresh theme
- I like the art style

This game hits a lot of my interests. Anyone else anticipating more news on this game? meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And it from a designer who has a good track record.

I just hope AEG doesn't ruin it too badly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal
United States
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not very familiar with AEG. Have they done that in the past?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Juan Llanos
Spain
Alcala de Henares
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AEG? Isn't japan brand publishing this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal
United States
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the page for the game, it says he publisher is a Japanese company called Manifest Destiny. Maybe the North American publisher will be AEG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game was designed by Seiji Kanai (usually publishes his games under Kanai Factory) and Kuro (Manisfest Destiny). The game will debut in Essen '17'16, but AEG has already obtained the rights to publish it in North America, maybe to other regions as well.

What AEG usually does with games from Japanese designers that they obtain the rights for, is to keep the game mechanics intact and "localise" the artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
The game will debut in Essen '17
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
'17'16

Thx Gergo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo Lefebvre
Canada
flag msg tools
NasosP wrote:
and "localise" the artwork.

Which is sad, because the ''Kanai'' Love letter was very unique and pretty in my opinion, but the Tempest version seems to pretty much be considered the regular version now.

Plaese, do not 'Tempest' Unicornus Knights ,AEG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm usually a fan of keeping original art as well, but if in this case it results in no underboob bikini warrior art then I'll be happy with a new coat of paint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
I'm usually a fan of keeping original art as well, but if in this case it results in no underboob bikini warrior art then I'll be happy with a new coat of paint.

Ugh. That's a dumb piece of art...but it's not far from the sort of clothes in some of the AEG Lost Legacy cards which are part of the reason I dislike the AEG art so much. And the other three pieces look great.

I think they did keep the original art of Say Bye to the Villains, didn't they?

I think the worst conversion was actually not AEG, and that was for R; the original had lovely, stylized art and was packaged in a nice little envelope perfect for a "take anywhere" game. The US release had the silly rat theme and was in a metal tin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
MentatYP wrote:

Ugh. That's a dumb piece of art...but it's not far from the sort of clothes in some of the AEG Lost Legacy cards which are part of the reason I dislike the AEG art so much. And the other three pieces look great.

Yeah, I was surprised and disappointed to see AEG's Lost Legacy art. It's exactly the type of game I was looking for at the time--a Love Leter Plus, so to speak--but the art isn't for me.

Chronicle published by Z-man has art by the original artist for Love Letter and it looks wonderful. I don't think it sold that well though, so maybe that's part of the obsession with "localizing" the art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal
United States
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
if in this case it results in no underboob bikini warrior art then I'll be happy with a new coat of paint.
The underboob makes it seem like one of her breasts is bigger than the other. It's just a minor imperfection, plenty of woman are like this. It's a strange art choice, but ultimately doesn't bother me. If they keep the mechanics of the game solid and keep the art style reasonably similiar or don't change it at all, then I'm sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious about this game too, but yeah, definitely missing Noboru Sugiura's art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Li
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
I think the worst conversion was actually not AEG, and that was for R; the original had lovely, stylized art and was packaged in a nice little envelope perfect for a "take anywhere" game. The US release had the silly rat theme and was in a metal tin.

I actually love the art and theme of BraveRats. It really helps when you are playing with kids. I think that's a good reason for re-theme. I also like Adventure Time Love Letter for the same reason.

And this is from someone who bought all 3 Japanese releases of Lost Legacy and 0 AEG releases (except AEG Black Friday Black Box 2015).

Just offering a 2nd opinion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i don't understand everyone's problem with AEG's arts, i think the american Lost Legacy looks amazing even though the original is nice as well.

same goes for Seventh Hero, i'm really trying to obtain the original release but i still think AEG's art looks good. (especially compared to the awfulness that IELLO just did to that game with Rent a Hero)

in any case, i like the original art in Unicornus Knights but the inconsistencies in style and artistic levels really hurt the experience. BGG lists 11 different artists for this game and it really shows!!

if AEG will manage to keep the theme and feel of the game with new, improved, high quality, consistent art, even if europeanized, i think it will be great.

besides, why not just get both?!
i probably will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Big in Japan coming in 2017! Tons of Games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Our plan is to adjust some graphics and text, but the art is all staying the same. Same with Sakura Arms and our third "Big in Japan" release for 2017. The designers have sent over some rules revisions so you may see some changes from the originals in that sense, but that's more of a "designers 2nd edition" than anything else.

Sakura Arms though will have an entirely new Megami that Bakafire has designed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGTodd wrote:
Our plan is to adjust some graphics and text, but the art is all staying the same. Same with Sakura Arms and our third "Big in Japan" release for 2017. The designers have sent over some rules revisions so you may see some changes from the originals in that sense, but that's more of a "designers 2nd edition" than anything else.

I respect your decision to keep the original art on a general principle level, but sadly the art in this particular instance doesn't work for me so I have to move on. Good luck with the game and I look forward to AEG's next "Big in Japan" release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal
United States
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGTodd wrote:

Thanks for the insight, Todd! I happen to really like the art as I'm sure many others who are looking into the game do as well. Can't wait for the release here in the US!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Kaida
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the update Todd I really like the art as is as well, and though some characters are not to my taste (underboob girl) I can easily make an alt art card or paste up new art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mack mercenary for hire
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, this game reminds me of the old Sega console game "Dark Wizard".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.