Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Potter
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Those mineratures had been caged long enough. Apocalypse sitting on the board is just a sight to behold. He towers over everything and completely occupies the street spaces. If there are other tokens or mineratures in the space it is hilarious as the hero players have to physically pick up the minerature to check what they are moving into.

The dominate mechanic is a welcome addition and adds to the strategy of both sides. Should the unwounded hero use a city space with two heals and a repent just so Apocalypse can't summon two monsters and a corruption token? Should the sins player add apocalypse's dice to a roll or use the city action to block the heroes from using it?

I was the sins player (Sloth) and the heroes were utterly destroyed in this game. Probably the most lopsided victory in my 8 games thus far (it was a one on one battle). This was most likely due to me being more familiar with the new mechanics because the heroes let Apocalypse dominate with impunity (no blocking or anything). I can't wait to give it a shot as the heroes.

I'm not even close to being tired of the base game but I just had to give it a go. We'll be playing it again soon of course... the heroes player wants her revenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Did they do a or b?

Good to hear! Looking forward to trying it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Potter
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
B and we used the first map (left side on back). They went for the acolytes on the left side and become trapped taking many wounds trying to move out of that area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Ah. B seems... Obscenely hard compared to A. Just in total resources the sin has, 2 abominations vs the Avatar AND an Apocalypse demon? Might have contributed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Potter
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
True but a lot of it is corruption management. One hero with level 5 or 6 corruption (before voluntary) can wipe out the avatar easily. Overall, I do agree that A seems easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Not nearly as easily as killing an abomination! Repeatedly, every round for the whole game.

I really don't understand that set of choices. A seems way easier, and the missions themselves don't make up for it. 15/15+ vs 6/6 makes NO sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Potter
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You summon the two abominations but the goal isn't to kill them. You have to collect the NPC's and bring them to the starting space. It isn't as easy as it sounds (Apocalypse always respawns immediately and there are tons of tokens on the board). Plus, once you kill the avatar it cannot be resummoned unless apocalypse dominates a district with the heal icon. Another twist is that the heroes choose the spawning location of the avatar and demon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
MrDoubleHelix wrote:
Another twist is that the heroes choose the spawning location of the avatar and demon.
I don't think you suppose to take that so literally. It's more of a "Come and get us you ugly mofo!" and then the Sin places them.
You might be right, it's hard to tell. It could very easily be as you say. Considering how hard the B path looks that could be just the help the Heroes need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Potter
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Warlock00 wrote:
[q="MrDoubleHelix"]Considering how hard the B path looks that could be just the help the Heroes need.

I think that's exactly it. All other summonings via the mission board say "Summon _____" and this one specifically says "Heroes Summon _____". I think it's deliberate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as the wording indicates, the heroes choose the spawning location (following the base rules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Epperson
United States
Monroe
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the Apocalypse rules, I see nothing about using the Avatar. Apocalypse has its own track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.