$30.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Canberra order for Impact! Miniatures polyhedral dice... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Impact! Miniatures have a Kickstarter up, for the next tranche of their "weird" polyhedral dice. I've grabbed some before (D5, D7, D9, D11, D14, D18, etc.) - and now the D13 and D15 are being released. Shipping is a flat USD15 regardless of the size of the order, so I'm very keen on getting more than just me and my two dice on board whistle

The pledge levels work by points, where an individual die might be 1-3 points, and sets are significantly cheaper than singles. If you're interested, post below what you're after in terms of dice (and points), and we'll see how big an order we can make!

I want a D13 and a D15, in colours to be decided, so that's 6 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

They look good but I'd check out the KS for "PolyHero Dice - Wizard Set".
Now they look SUPER COOL.
And not to expensive.....

Just sayin'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those monstrosities might have gamer-geek-cred; but showing the maths professor in the next-door office a balanced 7-sider earns significant academic-geek-cred around here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Put me down for a D5 & a D7 in gem blue. Will be perfect for determining start player with odd player counts (at least that's how I'm justifying it!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At present, they're only doing them in opaque, not gem soblue Matched to the Chessex colour range, if that's any use. There's a light blue, a royal purple, and a light purple, for example (along with black, red, orange, white, yellow, green).

Still nearly 3 weeks to go (ends Friday 16th Sept), so I'll keep my placeholder pledge standing in case they release more colours, or more people want to get on board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Anders
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mb
dlow wrote:
At present, they're only doing them in opaque, not gem soblue
We might unlock gem blue for all the dice. Projecting out that looks to be around $37,000 for a stretch goal.

I can do a Translucent Blue/Teal D5 and D7 for your group order for 4 points to help make it happen (I have a few left in my backstock of each one without re-ordering).

Message me through KickStarter and I can put a note in your file about it.

Tom @ Impact!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers, Tom - will do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take that if the gem blue doesn't unlock, thanks Tom & David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And for those who like to play with the lights off: glow-in-the-dark green has just been released as a colour option for all individual-Dn's!

Glow-in-the-dark D13...perfect for [some horror game that needs could possibly use a 13-sider] whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: pledged USD38 for Wanderer level (USD19) plus postage (USD15) plus 4 extra points (USD4). That gave 27 points (21 Wanderer + 2 early-bird bonus plus 4 extra). Conversion came to $50.85 + $1.53 = $52.38. Hence $1.94 per point.

Michael's therefore up for $7.76 for his D5 and D7 (4 points), unless he turns translucent teal/gem blue with rage and decides that's too expensive whistle PAID 17/11/16

Off-line participant (MS) has a standard blue D13 and D15 for 3 points each; 6 points = $11.64

I'm getting glow-in-the-dark D13&D15 set (5 points), a light purple D15 (3 points), and the Passing Shot tennis dice game (9 points); 17 points = $32.98.

Expected shipping is Aug/Sep 2017 (!) - so hopefully I remember all this by then cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.