Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: A-Bomb Custom rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been wanting to do A-Bomb for a little while, as I want more Hulks in the game, but never really had a good idea for a mechanic, then I came up with notion of representing his friendship/loyalty by playing off of what's in the HQ. Here's what I have so far:

I'm thinking Avengers affiliation, like Hulk, and all cards are Strength:

Common 1:
Transform to Protect
2+ Recruit
Size-Changing: Strength
You may put a non-Strength Hero from the HQ on the bottom of the Hero deck. If you do, you get +1 Recruit.
Cost: 4*
-going for notion of him transforming to help people
Best image I've found so far:
http://www.hulklibrary.com/superhero-library/Img/Gallery/abo...

Common 2:
Strong Friendship
2+ Attack
If there are two or more Strength Heroes in the HQ, you get +2 Attack.
Cost 4
Best Image so far (him coming to Hulk's rescue):
http://www.comicbooknoise.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/201...

Uncommon:
Strength in Numbers
4 Attack
If there are three or more Strength Heroes in the HQ, draw two cards.
Cost 6
Suitable Image: http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/sites/default/files/destroy.jp...

Rare:
Drop the Bomb
5 Attack
Draw a card for each Strength card you have played this turn.
Cost 8
Image:
Maybe this:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/62144/1212344...
Or this:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110404170430/marvel/...

Will try and post links to some art when I find some I'm happy with, but open to suggestions on that front.

Not play-tested at all yet. Feedback welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Titus M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thumbs for the theme with avatar + name + topic!

The cards sound great, adding some coop-etitive aspect to recruiting sounds very cool! (Burying a 8-cost Wolverine will get you some glares ) I am not a playtester, so I don't have the tastebuds to really make a judgement before playing, but I'm chomping at the bits to play with these googoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
Every image link you post just takes me to google images. Just a heads up, it doesn't link to any specific image.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattimeo84 wrote:
Every image link you post just takes me to google images. Just a heads up, it doesn't link to any specific image.

D'oh! Really? When I click on it, it takes me straight to the image, so I thought it was working. I've edited with a different link, let me know if that works better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
titusm wrote:
The cards sound great, adding some coop-etitive aspect to recruiting sounds very cool! (Burying a 8-cost Wolverine will get you some glares )

I didn't even think of that possibility! I only play solo so it never occurred to me, but thinking about it, in multi-player someone focusing on his cards will tend to co-operate well with other players building strength based decks, but badly with players building decks around other classes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
mattimeo84 wrote:

D'oh! Really? When I click on it, it takes me straight to the image, so I thought it was working. I've edited with a different link, let me know if that works better.

Perfect this time for me. Gotta be the way google parses their links. Since we can all type in the same string and get different results. Who knows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattimeo84 wrote:
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
mattimeo84 wrote:

Perfect this time for me. Gotta be the way google parses their links. Since we can all type in the same string and get different results. Who knows.

Good, glad it's working. *sigh* now I just need to find time to go back through all my previous custom posts and edit the links...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More image links posted and changed some of the card names

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Semi-Randomised a game for play-testing:

M: Nimrod
S: Steal Hulk's Power
Another custom of mine: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1544131/hulk-vs-army-villai...
V: Masters of Evil, Maggia Goons
H: A-Bomb, Thing, Hawkeye

I won on turn 13 with 75 VPs. Picked up Hawkeye's rare early, and got A-Bomb's later. Thing's Knuckle Sandwich was particularly good for beating up Nimrod. So a few things combined to make this set-up fairly easy.

I liked how A-Bomb played, not sure yet if the power balance is right though, will need to try him a couple more times and see how that goes. The HQ triggers were fairly easy to meet in this scenario, as Thing brought a lot of Strength to the HQ, but even so it made you think about who to recruit or cycle when a Twist came up, and I quite enjoyed that aspect. I'll maybe try him next alongside some Heroes that don't have strength cards and see how that works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.