19 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Question about the Vagabond Armor card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Thickitt
United States
flag msg tools
So, I received my Before the wall gencon white box and my "vagabond armor" card has all square corners. Is this normal? Should I raise this with support?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy O'Connell
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mine has square corners as well.

Given that the gear cards that come in the box belong to a location that doesn't seem to exist ("Ivory Carver") or, in the case of the "Gear Recipe" cards, are crafted at no location, my surmise is that the game assets in the box are alpha/trunk/experimental.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Welnicki
Poland
Gdansk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Ivory Carver? Pics? Speculate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Mockerre wrote:
Ivory Carver? Pics? Speculate?

Best guess is that it is post lantern festival location. Armor title is White Dragon Gauntlets, so, could be a new dragon or something that lairs in a dragon graveyard. Base armor of 12...so creatures in LF are likely to dish out some serious hurt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is square too, but fits in just fine once sleeved. If you don't sleeve your cards, it's going to stick out (but luckily they are just reference cards anyway).

The Ivory Carver piece is a bit more of an issue, because for the moment it makes the set unattainable -- but the other individual pieces are still pretty cool.

Alternatively, you could pretty easily come up with your own (extra expensive) resource requirements for it in the meantime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used a corner lever punch so make the square corners round. It's a little bit different than the original cards, but it worked just fine. Like this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that you do not get the Vagabond Armor Set bonus if you are:

1. Wearing head-gear.
2. Your settlement has the Barbaric principle.

Pretty cool subtle way for Poots & co to try and sway players into choosing the more often neglected principle choices.

You can still get the set bonus by wearing leather pieces. Its the gauntlets OR leather bracers, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John di Battista
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
Ivory carver sounds like a refinement to bone carver. Maybe the new settlement locations in the lantern festival will all or mostly be upgrades to pre-existing settlement locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, on the armor sets, I really like some of the things they've been encouraging- mixed sets like the lion knight ones and variants like this are pretty neat stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I quite like the fact that the ingredients for the gear requires cloths. Finally a way to use them again. Hopefully they release more armor that requires basic armor to complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I think the basic cloths are about the only completely useless item in the game after a point- there are still reasons to take any number of weapons for insurance and affinities, and if someone hit mastery which makes specialization even with older weapons good, and if you're not set on getting set bonuses, many armor pieces also create some cool affinities, but those stupid cloths are just about worthless pretty early on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Leech
England
flag msg tools
Bit of necro, but given we have now passed the second kickstarter and have seen the new content, any guesses on how we expect the white dragon gauntlets to be crafted?

I found it odd that the before the wall model comes with a tabard that has a recipe on the back to craft it but not the White dragon gauntlets. It would make you think that one of the new creatures would have a settlement location that can craft them and on that settlement location it will list what you need to craft the gauntlets. But not sure.

It would be really good to understand as making alternate armour sets like this is fun and creates a new challenge way of using a survivor. All in all lots more fun to be had but that is dependant on knowing how you craft the armour.

Interested in people's thoughts and if anyone sees Adam at a convention (many coming up) please ask him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Vegeta365 wrote:
I found it odd that the before the wall model comes with a tabard that has a recipe on the back to craft it but not the White dragon gauntlets. It would make you think that one of the new creatures would have a settlement location that can craft them and on that settlement location it will list what you need to craft the gauntlets. But not sure.

Another thing that would make you think that is that it's called the White Dragon Gauntlets and requires the Ivory Carver location, and one of the new monsters is the Ivory Dragon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that was thought too. However, the ivory dragon is a final-final boss, so no crafting after it.

However, it seems strongly connected, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Wasberg
msg tools
mbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
Yeah, that was thought too. However, the ivory dragon is a final-final boss, so no crafting after it.

However, it seems strongly connected, yes.

It is 100 % sure that there is a way you can get White / Ivory Dragon Armor with this expansion, because it contains 2 miniatures with this Armor Set.
Either there is a weaker version of the Ivory Dragon that you can fight earlier or you get the armor from fighting the Gate Guardian Nemesis.
My guess is on the first option, because it wouldn´t make much sense to pay so much money on a huge miniature, if you only fight it once after a 35 years campaign (and maybe many tries to reach year 35).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an option, yes.

About the "does not make sense to pay that much for a miniature you use once a campaign", this is your first miniature game, isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The strange thing is that the vagabond set came out months ago with mention of the ivory carver, and the ivory dragon was an unplanned expansion whose development only started during the KS....

I guess Poots may have changed his mind about where the Ivory Carver would appear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Welnicki
Poland
Gdansk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I don't think Ivory Dragon was unplanned. I think it just got repurposed as Satan's True Form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Either that, or at some point it was a concept for cancelled Lantern Festival.

Or, of course, the guy was just thinking way ahead (and badly, since you sit with a gear card that is unusable for three years or so, and when you finally make the expansion that allows to use it, you could have as well included it from the start in the list of craftables for that settlement location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.