$30.00
$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Martin Watrous

Thousand Oaks
California
msg tools
I have owned 1st Ed Descent since 2008. To the best of my recollection I have played that the monsters while only allowed one attack could still move twice and I have always done so when the situation called for it. However, upon re-reading the rules I discovered that they are allowed one movement up to their speed and may make one attack. So have I been playing incorrectly all this time? (It is possible I confused the movement rule with 2nd ed)

However, with many monsters only having a speed of 3 it does seem to me that it would far to easy for the heroes to use hit and run attacks against the monsters - particularly the Melee ones. The heroes could simply double move one turn - not using all the movement points - wait for the monsters to close the distance and the monsters with magic/ranged attacks.

So have I been playing incorrectly?

And any thoughts on how the tactics play out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
wmbtby wrote:
I have owned 1st Ed Descent since 2008. To the best of my recollection I have played that the monsters while only allowed one attack could still move twice and I have always done so when the situation called for it. However, upon re-reading the rules I discovered that they are allowed one movement up to their speed and may make one attack. So have I been playing incorrectly all this time? (It is possible I confused the movement rule with 2nd ed)

However, with many monsters only having a speed of 3 it does seem to me that it would far to easy for the heroes to use hit and run attacks against the monsters - particularly the Melee ones. The heroes could simply double move one turn - not using all the movement points - wait for the monsters to close the distance and the monsters with magic/ranged attacks.

So have I been playing incorrectly?

And any thoughts on how the tactics play out?

The monsters life totals and abilities have always seemed to balance things out whether in campaign or basic quests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Watrous

Thousand Oaks
California
msg tools
Actually, now that I think about it a bit more, I probably did confuse 1st Ed with 2nd Ed. And I don't think I have been double moving all along - just the most recent game. Thanks for the response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.