GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,733 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

B-17 Flying Fortress Leader» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter exclusives? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Beau McDaniel
msg tools
mbmbmb
Howdy y'all, I have a quick question. Although this is definitely not my first dvg game, it's my first backing them on Kickstarter. Are any of the stretch goals Kickstarter exclusives or will they be available in the retail version as well? Such as the mounted board, personal bomber, and 25 mission variant. Or even the additional unlocked minis?

I'm thinking of backing it but after our move money is tight at the moment. I'm wanting this game but not wanting to miss out on any of the neat unlocked stretch goals if I decide to wait and get it retail. Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think any of it is but I could be wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Paris
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I e-mailed Dan about the same question and have not heard back. Kickstarter down to 33 hours now.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed weeks ago about this project, asking several questions..

Is Amsterdam going to be spelt correctly on the bonus board ?
Are we going to see pics of the minis or am I buying those on faith ?
What, in this project is KS exclusive ?

As per normal with DVG, no reply.

It's nice they made a promise to be more communicative during this project..

Voting with my wallet on this and off to NWS, same game, much lower price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau McDaniel
msg tools
mbmbmb
MWAlbion wrote:
I emailed weeks ago about this project, asking several questions..

Are we going to see pics of the minis or am I buying those on faith ?
What, in this project is KS exclusive ?

As per normal with DVG, no reply.

It's nice they made a promise to be more communicative during this project..

Voting with my wallet on this and off to NWS, same game, much lower price.

You know I'm kinda with you on that. I've been... underwhelmed at the responses and trying to get any information out of anyone at DVG. It seems like pulling teeth most of the time and I had decided to also abandon the kickstarter because of the lack of customer support or interaction.

However, one thing that has me backing the product is the designer on this bad boy,Dean Brown

Ever since I'd heard of this game a little over a year ago I pretty much flipped out over the theme. I love WW2, I love WW2 planes, especially bombers. Add in a fun system with this theme! Yes please. But before DVG starting (continued) to ignore the customers, Dean was answering our questions and being active on this thread for nearly a year now and has always been incredibly kind and taken criticism of his baby with ease and class. I want to back this (even knowing I'll be paying more than waiting for retail) just to support the designer, despite my minor grumbles with DVG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought like that too, until Gato / U Boat Leader.

$130 on the KS, included models of the boats, then I looked at the NWS prices.. And the "value" of the minis pack, throw in the lack of response, the mis-printed cards and I swore that's the last direct from DVG KS I back.

Dean has been great, but it's his job to design a game, not promote it at the same time.

Hopeful that when I buy it at retail, Dean gets the same benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One possible reason for the lack of communication from DVG, (I also have an unanswered question on the kickstarter page)
could be because DVG is also working on getting Warfighter WWII out.
With this Kickstarter ending soon however, I would hope that Dan could address some things before its over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Andersch
Germany
Korntal-Münchingen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience is that DVG Games can without any problems be bought cheaper than at KS afterwards. This is true for the US as well as for Europe.
So I'd recommend to wait and see if there are any quality issues and how the game overall is received (e.g. I was very happy to not have backed Tiger Leader).
It's sad that the KS backers carry all the risk, pay more and do not get any reward for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the replacement cards last Friday. There may not be perfect communication or good QA but there usually is good follow-up service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Russo
Monaco
Monte-Carlo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

For GATO, Dan said in the KS comments:
Quote:
Doing KS exclusives is always tempting, but as a company we have to be considerate of our distributor and retailer partners. While exclusives can do great things for a Kickstarter's funding, it puts the distributors and retailers in a bad situation with their customers once the product releases.
So far, we haven't found a good way to both have exclusives and not put them in a bad position.

And they did this for Warfighter 2
Quote:
Many Kickstarter campaigns have "early bird" specials. Basically, the first people to pledge get some kind of discount or exclusive item. Instead of taking that approach, and because it fits the spirit of Warfighter WWII, we're going to have "D-Day Objectives".
[...]
This means, if we make our funding goal, EVERYONE who pledges throughout the campaign gets the free set of metal tokens.

By doing it this way, no one gets left out, and it becomes a team effort. Which is what Warfighter is all about. Let's make this happen!

So for me, I suppose no exclusives in their KS campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MWAlbion wrote:

Fixed!

Dan is responsible for marketing and running the Kickstarter. I'm not sure about the Stretch goals being available. I think Dan did say that the minis will be for sale.

The Kickstarter has gone very well... Thanks for all of the Support!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.