6 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Hurns pitfall 2.0 clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corban Caldwell
msg tools
mbmb
So I purchased Myth 2.0 at retail and I read that the earlier version of this trap was way too overpowered along with darkness falls. However I dont understand why. The way its written on the 2.0 card makes me think heroes roll the FD and that matching hero may choose to disarm (but take damage if he fails). Couldnt you just have a different hero disarm that wont risk hp? or do you have to roll to disarm as a way to "avoid the trap". But if thats the case, if you fail and 4 pits are placed does it now count as disarmed and collect reward? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corban Caldwell
msg tools
mbmb
I guess to clarify my question further is: if your heroes symbol is rolled do you choose to disarm or is it forced, damage being dealt if failed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You have a choice but it is not really one, the heroes that are targeted by the trap (=theur symbol is rolled) must pass the NCA, if they fail, refuse or cannot do it (for example if they have no cards in their hand highly improbable but possible)they take the dmg and get proned.

Only heroes that roll their symbol can try to disarm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad trap for me, I seem to seldom roll my fate dice symbols.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corban Caldwell
msg tools
mbmb
Thankyou so much! I had no idea only those whose symbols are rolled can disarm. But if you fail a roll can you still get reward for the rest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You have to disarm it before finishing to clean the tile and you are ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.