Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cory Dublanko
Canada
Lethbridge
ablerta
flag msg tools
mbmb
First off let me say that I really do enjoy this game with my family. There are very few games that can bring my wife to the table that are not named Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, Alhambra, or Lost Cities. This one definitely hits the sweet spot for her. Thank you to the developers!

I was posting this to find out if anyone has received their copy of the game with player boards that are warped? I have not taken a photo but there is quite the natural curve in them which is kind of hindering the "up style" gameplay.
Happy gaming all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine warped a bit after I opened everything, but they spent the night pressed under my copy of Scythe and they're completely flat now. Pretty normal for shrink-wrapped cardboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Dublanko
Canada
Lethbridge
ablerta
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks I will try that, although I wish I had Scythe to set it under! My heavy box of Thunderstone Advance will have to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Wiant
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My boards warp even after flattening them.

In fact, the last time we played, we flipped the boards over and played and by the end of the game they had warped entirely in the opposite direction!

These boards are made of some sort of magical warp-strong material. I would be really upset if it wasn't so comical.

At least the rooms aren't warping....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Looking for resources in how to grow in friendship, unity, and/or intimacy in marriage? - Ask me!
badge
More Woo-Hoo Gamer reviews coming throughout 2017!
mbmbmbmbmb
The joys of humidity...

But it is strange that it impacts some games/cardboards more than others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Feathers
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our boards also have a slight warp. I keep meaning to get them under something heavy like a thick textbook or something, but haven't gotten around to it. I feel like it should work.

But yeah, based on replies here and other forums, it does sound like the Saloon Tycoon player boards have a bit of a warping problem, but most have reported that a night under something heavy largely resolves the issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reeling trying to come up with a Star Trek pun here. Reading through this entire thread all I could think of was Capt. Picard saying "Engage."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:
I'm reeling trying to come up with a Star Trek pun here. Reading through this entire thread all I could think of was Capt. Picard saying "Engage."

These boards don't just warp, they "trans warp".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My boards warped and I just slid them along the table edge to un-warp them as we setup. When I first opened the box there was an odor we could smell for while until the game was aired out. The smell was like some kind of lacquer of some sort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.