Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

for those who do not know - Your Move Games changed ownership recently. Chad Ellis announced in June that he has been focusing more and more on his new company Boda Borg (a real-life gaming environment, or rather "questing").

Thus after talks with two long-term Battleground community members and helpers Marcus and Corey (RushAss and Hannibal over at the YMG forums) they mutually agreed that the two guys would take over YMG's assets and continue with its board games (which in essence are mostly the Battleground expansions).

This breathes a fresh wind into the Battleground system and as was already announced new stuff should see the light of day.

No specifics were yet announced so the earliest something could happen is most likely next year, but I for one am excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm happy for Chad, and wish him all the best of luck with his new enterprise.

As for the future of battleground, I'm excited!

I would really like to see Lords of Vlachold become a reality, as well as some reinforcement packs for the existing factions.

I'd really like to see some Orc Boar riders, Dark Elf Assassins, Umenzi Lion-masters, Dwarven Trollslayers, High Elf Pegasus Cavalry, Hawkshold Halfling Slingers, Ravenwood Dryads, Lizardman Pterodactyl riders, and Undead Mummies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Battleground couldn't ask for better stewards than these guys. I'm excited to see the game continue to grow, not only in terms of variety, but organized play. I think there are a ton of potential players out there for this kind of system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news! Battleground is a great system, it would had been a shame to see it disappearing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themanfromsaturn wrote:
I'd really like to see some Orc Boar riders, Dark Elf Assassins, Umenzi Lion-masters, Dwarven Trollslayers, High Elf Pegasus Cavalry, Hawkshold Halfling Slingers, Ravenwood Dryads, Lizardman Pterodactyl riders, and Undead Mummies.

This would be awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see every faction get a flying unit, and rules for aerial melee.

My suggestions are as follows:

Hawkshold Gryphon riders, Ravenwood Great Eagles, Dwarven Ornithopters, Goblin Wyvern riders, High elf Pegasus cavalry, Undead Wraiths or Dire Bats, Lizardmen Pterodactyl riders.

Not sure what the Umenzi should get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.