Subject: U.S. Marshal and Tools of Science rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Meyberg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

today I started a Rolling Thunder U.S. Marshal, initially longing for the "Resolve"-Tree (tons of rerolls + MANY Shotgun-Rounds + unpunished mutating + extra-Dakage for Mutations? Yes, pleeease!).
When I draw the worn Eye Patch (+1 Cunning, once per Adventure refill up to max Grit) - and I hated to do so, as our group contains a Huckster who could have used it even better! - my sight fell upon Whirling Strike (Use 2 Grit as an Attack to roll your full Combat against every adjacent enemy).

a) Does "roll your Full Combat..." mean "Make a melee Attack against every adjacent Enemy"?

b) If / if not a): May I use Tools of Science to raise my Combat from 2 to 5 (Eyepatch arrrh )?

If so, this might be the way for me to go - I'll follow the Honor- and Bounty-hunting path!

Best regards, Jan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Lieberoth Wadum
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say yes. If the tools of science raises your combat score, then that's what you'll roll for that test
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is legit.

It's definitely more for the melee Marshals but I rolled a random +1 Combat during level-up, so I went and got it for yucks. Now I can safely declare my Double-Barrel equipped at the Start of the Turn, but still retain the option for a 3-Combat Whirling Strike in case an opportunity presents itself that I didn't see coming long before my Activation (when you're legally able to switch weapons).

- Jee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.