Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My defaults for subscriptions to GLs are "GL Item = yes", "Comment = No". But I keep getting subscription items for Comments on GL items (items that I have not subscribed to individually).

I had expected that my subscription would only trigger when an Item is added to the GL, is my expectation incorrect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
That's how I thought it ought to work. I spent some time fiddling with all the settings I could find, and eventually gave up and stopped bothering with geeklists. I suspect that the way they work with subscriptions is just broken; how else does one explain an item being marked "blocked" and yet still triggering?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I have mine set and it works. Do you have geeklists turned off in both the items and users sections as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ngwilliam wrote:
That's how I have mine set and it works. Do you have geeklists turned off in both the items and users sections as well?
For Users, no - but then I don't subscribe to any Users. For Items, yes. The triggers don't seem to be for Games, Families or Designers that I've subscribed to.

(I know that most subscription "errors" are just user-configuration-driven, which is why I asked the question - to make sure that it wasn't a misunderstanding of the GL subscription that was tripping me up. I'll double-check the trigger given in my subscriptions list next time it happens.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.