Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
So, one of the actions that can be performed during the Inter-mission phase is that you can spend 2 credits to let the players draw an extra card.

Is this spending 2 credits and then all players draw 1 extra card (so I would have to spend 2 credits and all 5 players draw 1 card in a 5 player game)?

Or is it spend 2 credits per card per player (so I would have to spend 10 recruit so each player could draw 1 card in a 5 player game)?

Also, if it is the first case above, can I do this multiple times if I have enough credits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 Credits = All players draw 1 card. You may spend credits as you see fit, so 4 credits = All players draw 2 cards.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Lamb

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have additional question on this topic: Does this ability only apply to the first hand, or is it a full time bonus that makes every hand larger? Or what?
The way I read the rule, it seemed like the former, but one extra card (at the beginning of an episode especially) doesn't seem like its worth the credit cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
It's a one time thing. There is a ship upgrade that allows you to draw an extra card at the end of each turn.

I think the reasoning is probably that you'll only have 4 or 5 credits inbetween each mission, and if you don't need to heal up, and you don't want to upgrade the ship, those credits aren't wasted. Especially when you're heading into the 3rd episode and the ranks are filled up from the start, that extra card can come in handy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
markblasco wrote:
It's a one time thing. There is a ship upgrade that allows you to draw an extra card at the end of each turn.

the most powerful ship upgrade in the game. (the double-coordinate one is quite powerful too, but the extra draw improves EVERY hand)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
Definitely a good one. I also really like the -2 to scan cost once a turn, and the half cost for ship strike repairs. The ship strike repairs is what really saved me a few times, since I'd never be able to come up with 6 towards the start of a game, but coming up with 3 is fairly common.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't say it's all that weak either. There's a reason why it's two credits per card. As stated above, the first player is going to have a full face-down Verse on the first turn of the third episode and it's great to have another card, and every other player to possibly have another coordinate card to share with you so that you won't have things in the Combat Zone already by the next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
And it definitely is a powerful option if you have 5 players. Granted, at that point you're probably going to need to do some healing, but getting 1 or 2 extra cards in your hand will go a long way when 5 people are doing it.

For the campaign mode of the game, it's not nearly as powerful, since you'll really be focusing on healing as much as possible, and making sure to get as many ship upgrades as you can to carry over to the next mission (hopefully).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question on the Objective rewards. When it says to gain a talent, does everybody on the team get the talent or only the player who completed the objective?

Also, is the talent only gained during Inter-mission or when the player completed the objective?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:
Another question on the Objective rewards. When it says to gain a talent, does everybody on the team get the talent or only the player who completed the objective?

The player who completed it.

Quote:
Also, is the talent only gained during Inter-mission or when the player completed the objective?

When the Objective is completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.