Hide
9 Posts

Mage Wars Arena» Forums » General

Subject: Grabbing sleeved cards in spellbooks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
msg tools
I just sleeved 2 of my spellbooks with Standard MTG Ultra Pro sleeves, but now the cards are quite difficult to grab within the spellbook. We tend to grab the card itself without the sleeve instead of the card and the sleeve.

To efficiently take everything out, we had to seize the sleeved card from the inner part of the sleeve.

What's your experience with sleeved cards in spellbooks: do you also have troubles grabbing sleeved cards or did I only buy the wrong ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brett
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not had an issue myself, find those shelves get better after a few plays. You could try pushing the card slightly from the bottom of the page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also try sleeving upside down, or using side loading sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Better yet, don't sleeve them - there is no shuffling in this game!

MtG needs sleeves, MW doesn't...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree, i find different colored sleeves integral when dealing with multiple face down cards on the board, especially if you are playing more than two player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
georgeofjungle3 wrote:
I disagree, i find different colored sleeves integral when dealing with multiple face down cards on the board, especially if you are playing more than two player.

We just put enchantments down oriented by player...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeve mine with solid colour backed Dragon Shield sleeves. Never had a problem, although they do tend to catch in side-loading books like the "Dragonhide" ones by Legion Supplies because they tend to have a ridge up the edge of the card sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem pulling sleeves from spellbooks here. I've used the Standard Ultra Pro sleeves now for 4 years with no problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Blumenthal
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the upside down sleeving method and it works perfectly. There is absolutely no reason to sleeve these cards, but so what. I love them sleeved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.