$20.00
Forsetius
Denmark
flag msg tools
It seems every other game on the market has prefabricated inserts/organizers for their products except for the greatest of them all.

I use foam (Feldherr) for my miniatures, but I would like... Nay, I NEED an insert that can contain all the cards, tokens, dice and preferably also map tiles for the base game and as many expansions as possible.

I contacted The Broken Token who manufacture inserts for a lot of FFG games (and others) and asked if they had plans to produce a Descent 2nd Ed. organizer.

They responded (within hours) that it was something they considered, but that I should feel free to go and use their poll to influence their consideration.

Therefore, please go and poll on Descent 2nd Ed. below

[url]
http://www.thebrokentoken.com/organizer-suggestions/[/url]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alistair Hoppe
United Kingdom
Swansea
City & County of Swansea
flag msg tools
mb
Poll Completed. I to would like an insert. Broken Token or Go7Gaming either would do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Pickel

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An organizer for Dungeons and Dragons Adventure System Board Games would be nice too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see this being a feasible task. The game is ever expanding, and to make it hold only the base game is likely such a small portion of the market of people who would buy a wooden insert.

I have all of the current content released so far, and it barely fits in to three boxes and an accordion file for the map tiles.

Maybe they need to make an actual chest to hold it all laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, this is for all intents and purposes impossible. I have every expansion, and the sleeved cards and tokens alone BARELY fit in the base game box. The map tiles alone do not even come close to fitting in the base game box. There's not enough room for wood dividers getting added to the mix.

Now Broken Token could probably make a complete replacement box (something like they did for FireFly with the Big Damn Crate) that held all the cards and tiles and counters and just didn't worry about minatures, but it would still be huge and at risk of being invalidated on any random month as FFG cranks out endless expansions. This probobly means it is not worth the risk for them to make.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Bohde
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emodiu5 wrote:

No, but Stanley (tool and toolbox company) does.

https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-STST18613-3-in-1-Rolling-Work...

This works perfect for Descent.

Top box = Small Cards, all monster/lieutenant minis (monsters grouped by expansion in zipper baggies, all lieutenants in tray)
Middle box = Large Cards, tokens organized by type, dice
Bottom box = All map tiles grouped by 10s or by expansion, baggies for each hero and overlord.

Then, I use the core Descent Box for everything we only need during campaign setup and teardown (hero minis, hero cards, class decks, plot decks, RAMV/RAOV decks, class or hero specific tokens)

And then I have a 3-ring binder for all instructions and campaign guides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proto Persona
United States
N Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bohde8781 wrote:
emodiu5 wrote:

No, but Stanley (tool and toolbox company) does.

https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-STST18613-3-in-1-Rolling-Work...

This works perfect for Descent.

Top box = Small Cards, all monster/lieutenant minis (monsters grouped by expansion in zipper baggies, all lieutenants in tray)
Middle box = Large Cards, tokens organized by type, dice
Bottom box = All map tiles grouped by 10s or by expansion, baggies for each hero and overlord.

Then, I use the core Descent Box for everything we only need during campaign setup and teardown (hero minis, hero cards, class decks, plot decks, RAMV/RAOV decks, class or hero specific tokens)

And then I have a 3-ring binder for all instructions and campaign guides.

I did something very similar a while back. Bought a fishing tackle box for Descent V1. Been so long I can't tell you the name or model anymore, it was a generic from WalMart. When I upgraded to Descent V2 I took out all the old incompatible stuff to make room for the new. She's held up pretty well so far, although I've had to upgrade my solution for map tile organization since then. Now I use a 2 inch 3-ring binder with heavy duty page protectors to hold those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Spence
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, Greg from The Broken Token here!

Would there be some interest in a game crate like Firefly that organized all the cards, tokens, and the large majority of minis? We would make the best attempt to get everything there in order and leave room for more cards and tokens. But as stated earlier, we never know if they might release a new component type or something that wouldn't fit. So worst case down the road you might still need another box to hold new content.

Where we see value is that many people don't often chase every. single. expansion. We know that some do, but there's also a large group of customers that will buy the base game and most expansions. So we think a solution that handled almost everything could still be valuable to a lot of people.

We'd definitely love to hear more about what you'd think. The big advantage to our solution would be components and trays that make setup and teardown super-fast and gameplay more organized like we accomplished with Firefly.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Leroy
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I've been considering getting a hodgepodge of BT organizers for the cards and tokens to make set up and teardown easier. At this point, there are so many minis and monster groups I think the space it would take to organize them would be better used to organize map tiles, tokens, and cards in a way that makes getting everything out of the box and onto the table quicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
What would truly be innovative Greg, is if you can find a way to make a modular system. Not just for Decent, but any games with similar expansion creep issues. Something like a larger scale version of the stacking trays in (for example) Cosmic Encounter, taking the concept of the handle on top and handle-shaped arch on the bottom and expanding on it. There could be a unique bottom box and unique top box, and then a middle box style that one could add as many copies of as needed to form the tower that stores the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rogers
United States
Pahrump
Nevada
flag msg tools
I would like to see Broken Token make some card trays for the larger cards like what is included in the Imperial Assault organizer. I have some of the trays for the mini cards but it would be nice to be able to buy them separately for the larger cards and for them to have lids on them to keep the cards from falling out when they are being moved around.

Also it would be nice if the card trays came in two or three different lengths.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Milligan
United States
Bristol
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this on Ebay lately.. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...gk3YAAOSw0UdXrOcz

Way too pricy though, and doesn't even let you put the Collection kits or Lieutenant Figures in the box... Along with not having room for Chains that Rust

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forsetius
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hi Greg,

Yeah, it's impossible to create one insert that can hold everything from all future expansions because... physics

BUT as you state, creating one that holds the base game cards, tokens, dice and the boardtiles should be very possible. I currently have a lot of extra cards and tokens from Hero and Monster Packs as well as Lieutenant Packs in there and there is still room for more. But I keep cards in the original plastic bags and the tokens/dice in other building market containers, which is not optimal for space saving (or safekeeping).

The miniatures are not so important in my opinion, as I store them in foam to avoid chipping - and with expansions, even more miniatures will find their way into the game, so they will need to be stored separately anyway.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
gspence wrote:
Hello, Greg from The Broken Token here!

We'd definitely love to hear more about what you'd think. The big advantage to our solution would be components and trays that make setup and teardown super-fast and gameplay more organized like we accomplished with Firefly.

Thanks!

I would love to see an insert for the base game. I own three of your inserts at the moment (IA, MK, LoW), and I'm quite pleased with them. You nailed it for me: it's not as much about protecting the minis as it is about fast setup and tear down.

If you did a crate I'd probably get it, but an insert for the original box as well as expansion boxes (which would likely allow some consolidation among the expansions) has a greater appeal. Also, the box for Descent appears to be the exact same size as the one for Battlelore, so your research investment might yield a greater ROI (with a few tweaks and twiddles).

Either way, great job on what you have already created. Looking forward to more from you guys in the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Stanford
United Kingdom
Baildon
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think even just an organiser for the base game, that perhaps had space for extra cards/tokens from expansions if desired, would be useful. Maybe do smaller ones for the expansion boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barx M
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was waiting for an insert for the longest time but ended up breaking down and going with this storage solution.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1192890/my-plano-7771-s...

In the end I am glad I did, it makes setup and tear-down so much easier.

That being said, keep up the good work Greg and the folks from Broken Token. I own several inserts and "Deepwater" components from ya'll and will continue to use your products for most of my storage/sorting/component solutions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.