Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Renate Cloake
United Kingdom
Worthing
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having experienced a couple of "real" escape rooms (the kind where a game master locks you in a physical room), the idea of playing one at home really appealed to me.

The price is very enticing - it retails for about £14 and is resettable so you can pass it on to another group, whereas a live action escape the room experience costs in the region of £14 per person in my experience.

The components and artwork are nice and the whole thing is put together well.

We played with 4 players which felt about right. I think you may have some problem engaging some players if you played at the maximum player count of 8 as the puzzles are quite linear so it's difficult for more than 2 or 3 people to be engaged at once.

We were slightly disappointed by the level of challenge posed by the puzzles - we completed and escaped the room in about 45 minutes (I forgot to stop the timer when we escaped so I only know the rough time), yet the rulebook suggested a target of 2 hours for 4 players. I would suggest setting your timer for the traditional 1 hour given by other escape games if you want to feel tension from the time limit.

Once you've completed it, there are detailed instructions on the website for reassembling the game so that another group can play. We thought that was a nice touch.

Although I was slightly disappointed by the level of challenge in this game, it was a nice start to the series and well worth the purchase. I will be buying Escape the Room: Secret of Dr. Gravely's Retreat as soon as it is available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
you can buy the new one now from Amazon uk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renate Cloake
United Kingdom
Worthing
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I looked a couple of days ago but it didn't seem to have yet been released in the UK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.