Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife has a Silhouette Portrait cutter (https://www.amazon.com/Silhouette-SILHOUETTE-PORTRAIT-Portra... - commonly used in papercrafting/scrapbooking) that she uses for her jewelry designs, and lately we have been using it to create fan-created decks from BGG. As part of the process, she generates a file that could be used by someone else with a Silhouette machine to print/cut the same decks.

She was wondering if someone else out there who has a Silhouette might want the files that she is generating, so that they could cut out the cards without having to generate the files themselves.

Would anyone here be interested in that? Apologies if I put this in the wrong forum - I figured this was most helpful in the forum where people have posted the fan-created decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Porter
United States
TAMPA
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might want to also post in the DIY forum:

http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/36/boardgamegeek/do-it-yourse...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chiphead wrote:

Perhaps, though this offer is game-specific. Thank you for the heads-up, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mizerak wrote:
Chiphead wrote:

Perhaps, though this offer is game-specific. Thank you for the heads-up, though.
Sentinels cards are a standard size. Is there something about the pattern that makes it specific to this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
Mizerak wrote:
Chiphead wrote:

Sentinels cards are a standard size. Is there something about the pattern that makes it specific to this game?

Oh! Maybe not. Might be my ignorance of what the patterns are that may be the issue. I'll ask my wife about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Porter
United States
TAMPA
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:

Exactly my thoughts. It appears that you print the cards on a printer first, and then use this device just to cut out the cards. Might be a nice way to get some very uniformly-sized cards, for any card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, no (I asked my wife about this)...the files are the PDFs that contain the cards themselves and the markings that the Silhouette uses to cut them out. You print the files from within the Silhouette program.

So, if we gave the Silhouette file for hero Alpha (for instance) to someone who also had a Silhouette, they could open the file in their Silhouette program, print the cards out on card stock with the Silhouette markings, and then use the Silhouette to cut them out. We have the Silhouette files for several fan-created heroes. The question is whether anyone would want the files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SEBASTION WILLIAMS
msg tools
mbmbmb
"Would anyone want the files?"

Yes - puh-lease?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have files for the following decks, created mostly by
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
with one (Timepeace) created by
Chris Burton
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools

We have played with these and really enjoyed them (all can be found by going to this thread):

Heroes: Alpha, Bella, Bruni, Rhianissa, Timepeace
Villain: Hunt for the Fantaria
Environment: FrostFury Mountain (the FlatOnHisFace one)

Likely we will put these on BGG as zip files when we have them all assembled. They have only a single card back at this point - you would have to replicate the card back as many times as needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Porter
United States
TAMPA
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if it would be possible to create a generic file, for just the marks needed for the Silhouette cutter? Then, anyone could print any card PDF (hero, villain, environment, another game, whatever), and then just re-feed the printout back into the printer to print the Silhouette markings onto that page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chiphead wrote:
I wonder if it would be possible to create a generic file, for just the marks needed for the Silhouette cutter? Then, anyone could print any card PDF (hero, villain, environment, another game, whatever), and then just re-feed the printout back into the printer to print the Silhouette markings onto that page.

Everything would have to line up perfectly from one printout to the next. If the paper is just a touch further into the printer when it starts printing, for instance, it would be thrown off. But maybe it would be possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, that's really cool. Thanks for sharing this and I'm glad you are enjoying the decks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.