$5.00
$20.00
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haven't gotten our game to the table yet, but...

- is there a problem playing the characters by just following the rules?
- if so, what's the issue(s)?
- i can def see where also using the "player avatars" (i assume this means the characters you're actually "playing") decks would make more sense (and more fun) than only using the decks of the main characters not "being played", but how badly would this imbalance the game? (only asking because it seems so logical that there must be a reason the game wasn't designed to be played this way)
- would it help at all to have player's use (for example) their "main/avatar" characters for 3 episodes, and then be allowed to swap-out for the next 3?

thanks...i'm def following this because i want our 1st few games to go well and be fun, or there won't be many more chances...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm no expert, but I just finished solo the first three episodes, which constitutes my first "game". I won easily.

I don't see what the problem is with the characters. If you've played Legendary games with superheroes, or Alien, or Predator, it's pretty much the same dynamic. If you want to see Jayne's cards in the game, then make him a supporting character. If you want to use his avatar ability, make him a main character.

After my first game, I decided I would randomize the four supporting characters, and then choose among the five main characters which I wanted. I don't know enough about play balance yet to worry whether the system is too hard or too easy.

One variant that I play with that I would recommend, simply because it's more fun: Whenever you play a Talent, you can choose which of the five main characters you want to use (except those that are wounded). When you play a Flaw, you randomly choose among the main characters. This makes it feel like the whole crew is involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.