Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is old news, but this is the only SM game I don't own and just heard in the Low Player Count podcast that Morten Monrad Pedersen is building an Automa for the expansion. Insta buy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Hjelmberg
Sweden
Saltsjö-Boo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting. I had hoped to learn more about the expansion here but the Euphoria forum has been quiet lately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Sorry if this is old news, but this is the only SM game I don't own and just heard in the Low Player Count podcast that Morten Monrad Pedersen is building an Automa for the expansion. Insta buy!

Details on the expansion have been scarce so it hasn't really registered on my radar, but this news shoots it way up the interest chart for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Chhay
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
did I buy this?
badge
Nodoka Miyazaki ~ Negima!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll just leave this here: https://boardgamegeek.com/blog/4311/dear-jamey-expanding-wor...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shinako wrote:

Yeah, I post about my work for Stonemaier irregularly on that blog. So if you you're interested in that, the you can consider subscribing to the blog or checking it every once in a while.

A long time ago, David and I started work on an Automa system for the Euphoria base game, but Between Two Cities and Scythe took priority.

Last year we returned to Euphoria, but this time with the goal of making a full expansion. We've spent a lot time to get that right and now it's starting to look good. Once we've finished the expansion for multiplayer we'll return to work on the Automa system (we've learned the hard way that it's best to leave that till after the multiplayer version is done).

If the Automa system works well it'll be included in the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Hjelmberg
Sweden
Saltsjö-Boo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the update and glad to hear that you went for an expert expansion. I experimented with a variant for less luck and more destiny and I am very interested to see what a professional development team will come up with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FINALLY got to play Euphoria for the first time this week and it did not fail to impress. Really looking forward to picking it up when the expansion drops.

Any updates Morten Monrad Pedersen, David, or Jamey Stegmaier?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
FINALLY got to play Euphoria for the first time this week and it did not fail to impress. Really looking forward to picking it up when the expansion drops.

The project is progressing and we've been getting good playtester feedback lately. There's still work to do, though, and the Automa is on hold for now (we need to make sure that the multiplayer version is stable first).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

The project is progressing and we've been getting good playtester feedback lately. There's still work to do, though, and the Automa is on hold for now (we need to make sure that the multiplayer version is stable first).

This expansion is in my Top 10 most anticipated for 2017...can't wait to see more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Aren't you glad I'm not the pied piper?
badge
Look deep into my eyes you psycho!
mbmbmbmbmb
So what's happening? Is there an Automa for Euphoria still progressing? Any news... updates... whispers... etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fribian wrote:
So what's happening? Is there an Automa for Euphoria still progressing? Any news... updates... whispers... etc.

The Euhphoria expansion is currently on hold because of some other projects. We still plan on doing an Automa, though, but the multiplayer must be finished first (we've learned the hard way that working on the solo mode while the multiplayer version is still changing can waste a lot of work).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
Fribian wrote:

The Euhphoria expansion is currently on hold because of some other projects. We still plan on doing an Automa, though, but the multiplayer must be finished first (we've learned the hard way that working on the solo mode while the multiplayer version is still changing can waste a lot of work).

Thanks Morten. I've only played the game once but found it fascinating. I had traded Legendary Encounters for it. I "think" I have the 2013 Kickstart deluxe edition (but not sure of that).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fribian wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
Fribian wrote:

Thanks Morten. I've only played the game once but found it fascinating. I had traded Legendary Encounters for it. I "think" I have the 2013 Kickstart deluxe edition (but not sure of that).

If your resources (gold, clay, and stone) are non-wood, then you likely have the Kickstarter Deluxe-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
Fribian wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
Fribian wrote:

If your resources (gold, clay, and stone) are non-wood, then you likely have the Kickstarter Deluxe-

Ah! Yes. They are non wood. Awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fribian wrote:

Then you have the deluxe Kickstarter edition, unless you got it from someone who bought our realistic resource treasure chest and added components from that to the game.

In case you're interested in knowing for sure, then check the gold bars. Those from the deluxe edition have the word "Euphoria" engraved on them (at least I think that's the word on them) and those from the treasure chests do not have anything engraved,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
Fribian wrote:

Then you have the deluxe Kickstarter edition, unless you got it from someone who bought our realistic resource treasure chest and added components from that to the game.

In case you're interested in knowing for sure, then check the gold bars. Those from the deluxe edition have the word "Euphoria" engraved on them (at least I think that's the word on them) and those from the treasure chests do not have anything engraved,

Ah, yes they do have the engraved "Euphoria" on the metal gold bars. The guy I traded a game for it may have gotten it from Kickstart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is from a discussion about the newly revealed expansion for Scythe...

mortenmdk wrote:
JJRR_Esq wrote:
Prediction: this expansion drops before the Euphoria expansion.

That is correct. The Euphoria expansion is yet again on hold while we're working on other projects (this has happened multiple times). We'll return to it though .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.