Subject: Compatibility with first edition copy of WoTR. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Aalbers
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Will an upgrade kit be needed to play the second expansion with the first edition of the main game?

Just curious because this was required with the first expansion. I bought it, and am glad I did, because it seems to be sold out every where now. So if the second edition needs an upgrade kit, I better get that right away as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean . . . the expansion is for the second edition of the game.

They make an upgrade kit to turn the first edition into the second edition.

If you have turned your first edition into the second edition you can expand it with second edition expansions such as this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Johnson
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Well me known for eating cookie when me don't they shout
badge
Look! He try to throw loyal fans a curve!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've got first edition, you'll need the upgrade kit to get to second edition in order to use this. Otherwise your cards will not match in size and things will be goofy.

If you're second edition (or you've already got the upgrade kit from 1st to 2nd edition) then you're ready to go as is. There's no other upgrade required. This will play just fine with the base game alone, or in conjunction with Warriors of Middle Earth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Aalbers
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
scifiantihero wrote:
I mean . . . the expansion is for the second edition of the game.

They make an upgrade kit to turn the first edition into the second edition.

If you have turned your first edition into the second edition you can expand it with second edition expansions such as this one.

Ah, you are correct. My mistake. It was a long time ago that I bought these.

For some reason I was thinking that the upgrade kit only made the 1st edition functional with the 2nd edition's 1st expansion, and that potentially a second upgrade kit might be needed to make the first edition functional with the 2nd edition's 2nd expansion.

Thanks to both of you for responding. Now I can go back to continually checking to see when this will actually be released....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Veghel
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tallgrant wrote:

This will play just fine with the base game alone, or in conjunction with Warriors of Middle Earth.

Lords of Middle Earth you mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.