Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

After Essen this year, my wife and I are planning a small vacation to London the following week and we're looking for suggestions for local retailers to visit while there.

We will be staying near the heart of London, at an Air BnB near the London Eye/Big Ben area.

As a publisher, I have this "thing" where wherever I travel to, I like to visit local retailers and buy something from their stores. So, any suggestions of "must see" retailers would be greatly appreciated. We probably have about 1 afternoon/evening to devote to checking out gaming retailers with our schedule, but I'm hoping to see some cool stores and meet some great people.

Thanks in advance,
Tox
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Winfrey
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toxziq wrote:
Hello everyone,

After Essen this year, my wife and I are planning a small vacation to London the following week and we're looking for suggestions for local retailers to visit while there.

We will be staying near the heart of London, at an Air BnB near the London Eye/Big Ben area.

As a publisher, I have this "thing" where wherever I travel to, I like to visit local retailers and buy something from their stores. So, any suggestions of "must see" retailers would be greatly appreciated. We probably have about 1 afternoon/evening to devote to checking out gaming retailers with our schedule, but I'm hoping to see some cool stores and meet some great people.

Thanks in advance,
Tox

Orc's Nest in Seven Dials. Pretty much *the* place to go in London.

If you like English cheese *at all*, check out the Neil's Dairy Yard shop nearby. I recommend Mrs Kirkham's Lancashire if they have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Smith

UK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Orcs Nest. They have moved toward boardgames more over the last few years and have a great selection.
If you do look up Orcs nest don't forget to check out Forbidden planet a little walk northwards up Shaftebury avenue . They have masses of comics and a dedicated area for boardgames too.

If you are near London eye use the old underground from the Embankment to Leicester Square and head north . That's the most fun part of London too with theatres everywhere ,soho west and the newer Chinatown in the area.
Enjoy your stay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben .
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Http://www.londononboard.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Bruno
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Last time I was in London I saw a 2nd hand board game shop in Camdem market. Annoyed at myself for not having a look inside, wasn't as heavily into the hobby at the time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Lindsey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orc's Nest is a good store - it's very small but they pack a good selection in the space. And in a great central location near to all the tourist hot spots.

If you want to travel further out into North London, there is Leisure Games (www.leisuregames.com) in Finchley, which is bigger and is also an excellent store. That'll take you about an hour or so of travel time though.

And then of course there is Draughts (www.draughtslondon.com), the excellent board game cafe in Haggerston, East London. They have a small selection of games to buy, and a good selection of ~500 games to play in the cafe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.