$5.00
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was doing some shopping for Sam's birthday, and while I was at it, got a few things to put away for the holidays. In one case, CSI was a couple of dollars more than somewhere else, but I went with them because I know I can count on their customer service. After the discount and free shipping, I still came out ahead.

I know this is kind of boring, "Everything was fine", but I think it's important we post the good stuff, as well as when things go wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Upstate
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI is beyond reproach. 25 lbs of pitchcar arrived in pristine condition, despite having been kicked from one end of the country to the other by the courier shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
I was doing some shopping for Sam's birthday, and while I was at it, got a few things to put away for the holidays. In one case, CSI was a couple of dollars more than somewhere else, but I went with them because I know I can count on their customer service. After the discount and free shipping, I still came out ahead.

I know this is kind of boring, "Everything was fine", but I think it's important we post the good stuff, as well as when things go wrong.

Even if I save a few dollars at another online retailer, I will always go with CSI. I just wish they weren't all the way across the country from me.

Maybe someday there'll be a CSI West!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI is my go-to OLGS, but they recently have adjusted the free shipping. Free shipping used to be FedEx and I got my box in about 3-4 days. Now free shipping is standard USPS and the estimates are about 8-10 days for delivery.

FedEx option is now about $6.50, still not bad but it does eat up more than my 5% discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Now free shipping is standard USPS and the estimates are about 8-10 days for delivery.

USPS has priority and express rate . You could ask them about using one of their expedited services.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
CSI is my go-to OLGS, but they recently have adjusted the free shipping. Free shipping used to be FedEx and I got my box in about 3-4 days. Now free shipping is standard USPS and the estimates are about 8-10 days for delivery.

FedEx option is now about $6.50, still not bad but it does eat up more than my 5% discount.

Yeah, the slow shipping is annoying. I didn't realize the FedEx option was so cheap. I'll probably start paying that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:

I ordered last Tuesday, and had the option of it coming by FedEx on Saturday for $3-ish more (which I thought was fair). I didn't upgrade. Got my shipping notice last Wednesday, and it came today. It was FedEx SmartPost, started out FedEx, finished USPS.

If we need one thing quickly, we have Amazon Prime, but their packing is really hit or miss (mostly miss).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI is my go-to as well. Consistent and reliable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Cardiff
United States
Driftwood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yep, I have to chime in here. CSI is also my go to OLGS now. They always ship quickly and delivery has been Fedex (at least for me...might be a location thing) Though I'm not a fan of styrofoam peanuts for packing, I've never had an issue with damage. Great company and even better once you've gotten to a decent discount level.
Back to shipping, I've placed simultaneous orders with CSI, CH, and MM where CH and MM are consistently slower. (for example: CSI order arriving tomorrow and CH still doesn't show shipped (no MM order this time))
YMMV
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used CSI and Card Haus quite a bit (45 minute drive to the nearest local) and neither has failed me in packaging or timely delivery.

Coolstuffinc seems to ship a hair faster and I think they have the stronger website, Card Haus has environmentally friendly packing and Kasey's quick to comply to my incessant changing of held orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan McNeely
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI's my favorite, too. Their daily deals are really, really good and I make it a habit to check their page every morning during my breakfast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. Rexford
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
Thufferin Thuccotash!! It'th Cold out Here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup...CoolStuffInc. is extraordinary... there is no doubt about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Kentucky. The package from coolstuff sometimes comes so fast, I haven't had time to explain (make up) to my wife why this purchase was a wise and well thought-out decision that will positively impact our social lives, marriage, and make us better parents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love CSI. In Orlando I can get 99 cent shipping on minis. That means it's cheaper to ship to my house than it is for the gas to drive to their stores! Unfortunately I have used that to rationalize way too many purchases
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
Sweet Grass
Montana
flag msg tools
Of the big 3 MM is the only one that had delivered my games a bit crushes. They promptly gave me a discount, however sometimes I don't want a damaged game box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.