Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/23/strider...

It's interesting that the entire article is focusing on the Strider card:

I can't remember ever seeing an article written to highlight only one card before. We've seen it before but I have been really looking forward to trying it out!

It also spoils:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

which I don't think we've seen. Super excited for this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Strider card is a mechanic we have been missing for a long time and one that a lot of players really have wanted. That is: a way to have a deck focused on a smaller group of characters (and a deck that is actually playable). Secrecy can work, but it still feels weird thematically when you use 2 heroes and then like 100 allies and it still counts as a secrecy deck. I like that Strider rewards you for fewer characters. It probably isn't enough on its own, but I am still very excited to see this Strider card and I'm looking forward to more cards in the future to continue this deck style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the way they show you examples of the layout. For some reason I found it neat. Good job FFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the cards which take a resource from another sphere for an extra effect. It encourages diversity and emphasises the co-op aspects of the game.

I don't mind more secrecy options either. It's time they build on the new mechanics they lightly touch upon in each cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like that event. It makes me wish I had a tactics hero in my Rohan deck.

Hmmm.

Bye bye Aragorn and hello Hama?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cornishlee wrote:
Bye bye Aragorn and hello Hama?

Actually, now that I think about it, Hama might synergise very well with this card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.