Question about who gets to pick the next quest when Rumor quests are involved in Heirs of Blood.
The Descent Rules state: "In most cases, the winner of the previous quest will choose the next quest from among those available to them"
Heirs of Blood quest rewards usually state something along the lines of "The winner will pick the next mission, either <Quest A> or <Quest B>"
Rumor quest rules state: "Each time a player (overlord or hero) would choose a quest during the Choose Next Quest step of the Campaign phase, he can choose any available quest: either a quest on the campaign sheet or a quest shown on a Quest card in the play area"
So here are my questions:
1) Can Rumor quests be selected during Heirs of Blood? I'm assuming yes because the Rumor quest rules say that if it's out there, it's always available.
2) Assuming I'm correct about 1, does the winner of the rumor quest no longer determine who gets to pick the next Heirs of Blood quest?
For example, lets say that Heroes win an Heirs of Blood quest and the reward is that heroes get to pick between Quest A & Quest B. The Heroes opt to do the Rumor quest. Heroes then lose the Rumor quest. Do Heroes still get to pick the next Heirs of Blood quest because it was their reward for winning the previous Heirs of Blood quest or does the Overlord now pick for winning the Rumor quest?
1) Yes, there are rules for incorporating rumor quests in the different mini campaign rulebooks.
2) The "quest A or quest B" is relevant only when those are the only choices- it is mapping out where the campaign goes next. Whoever wins a quest picks the next one- it doesn't matter whether the quest played was a rumor or not.
For example, if there are main quests M1 and M2, and rumor R1, it might go like this:
M1 is played, OL wins. OL can pick next quest, and chooses R1.
R1 is played, heroes win. Heroes get to pick next quest, and choose M2.
M2 is played, heroes win. Heroes can pick the next quest...
This is because by virtue of there being an available rumor, the choices after M1 are no longer just M2 and M3, but M2, M3, or R1. That is the choice the winner of M1 makes. The winner of R1 gets to choose between M2 and M3 (and potentially R2, if that is on the table).
- Last edited Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:22 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:18 pm