Popular Tags: [View All]
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The warden Dreamspeaker Arya has the following warden effect:

Quote:
Whenever a player receives a card they shuffle it into their hand.

I don't understand what this is supposed to accomplish. Is it just to force the player to waste a few precious seconds shuffling their cards? Or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. That and annoying OCD players who then have to reorder their cards. Don't forget that many one time effect are also just some minor delay. But those add up, and are a danger in a realtime game, especially if you are at a difficulty where the countdown is only 10 seconds. Also note that all one time on gain effects of all players have to be finished before declaring a set or you are doomed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
Yep. That and annoying OCD players who then have to reorder their cards. Don't forget that many one time effect are also just some minor delay. But those add up, and are a danger in a realtime game, especially if you are at a difficulty where the countdown is only 10 seconds. Also note that all one time on gain effects of all players have to be finished before declaring a set or you are doomed.

Thanks for the reply.

It's a great game. I have played it with several groups of people with great results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear you're having a good time with it

A couple of things to think about with respect to your initial question:
* What if a player can only use one hand?
* What if a player cannot open their eyes?
* What if both? (I'm pretty sure "cover your eyes with a hand" is one of the cards)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.