Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

New to the game here and have a couple questions. I couldn't find any OP events going on around my in Cincinnati (closest one was an hour+ drive) so how does one go about getting a FLGS to host an OP event? Does anyone know what it would cost, what it would entail, how many people you would need, etc?

Secondly, is there anyone in Cincinnati who plays? I live in Green Township and am just looking for people to play.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The easiest way to get an op started at one of your local venues is to ask them. As far as I know, WK doesn't have any real restrictions anymore. The venue will have to purchase the prize support packages from their distributor though. Most places charge a small entry fee for events (a lot of local places used to require you to purchase at least one booster pack on the day of an event to cover entry) or even purchase of the Blind booster packs (if they can manage to get any).

Really you need at least 4 players to make an event out of things (for best results) so that you can play 3 rounds (1 vs each player). The best thing to do is to go to your local venue though and ask. Show them that there is interest in running the events and even offer to volunteer and help organize them. If they know there is interest in running them, they will look into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok great thank you very much! I appreciate it a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let us know how it goes. Hopefully, you don't find that the Borg destroyed the area like they did here. I'm going to try to get some people playing here again. There used to be good OP turnout but the Borg destroyed the local game store play. I suspect it might still get play at peoples homes so I'm hoping that there will be some players that would like to get these miniatures back to the table in groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother games in Cincinnati, and there used to be groups of players at Art of War and Epic Loot, but like KA notes above I think they both fizzled out about a year ago.

Still, might be worth trying both places to see, and you might try YottaQuest too as that's another generally strong gaming community in the Tri-State area. I don't think you'll find an active group, but no harm in trying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I just moved here about 3 weeks ago and am still trying to figure everything out. I live about 10 minutes about from The Rockin Rooster and about 15 minutes away from Sci fi city.

Thanks! I'll talk with them.

RogueThirteen wrote:
My brother games in Cincinnati, and there used to be groups of players at Art of War and Epic Loot, but like KA notes above I think they both fizzled out about a year ago.

Still, might be worth trying both places to see, and you might try YottaQuest too as that's another generally strong gaming community in the Tri-State area. I don't think you'll find an active group, but no harm in trying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.