Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I discovered this quite accidentally while filtering within the Trade Manager to see a total list of trade matches with a member whom I knew for a fact to have at least one match with me, and have seen it several other times as well.

It seems intuitive that if you don't set your location, you won't show up in the results when someone filters for your state, though you will show up otherwise.

What is not so intuitive is that if you don't use the BGG drop-down to choose your state when setting your account details, and instead type your state abbreviation in the entry field, you won't show up when someone filters for your state, even though you'll be visible at other times.

For example, I frequently search only in North Carolina and Virginia to look for no-shipping trades as I travel weekly on family business. If I'm looking for a copy of Widget Quest and filter for that game, I may see a member listed with their location given as "VA", so I know they're in Virginia, yet if I do an open search for any game trades in Virginia, I will not see that member listed, even though they have Widget Quest listed for trade and I have it marked as wanted.

I hope this helps someone to successfully land more trades!

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.