GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,957 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » West

Subject: Publication help (not an add) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Carter
United States
flag msg tools
Weird title, but I don't wan't to advertise my game. I want to find a publisher that is able to help me get my game out there. I live in the pocatello/idaho region and have had a warm reception at salt con after much playtesting and months of development. I was going to wait for another avenue to publish, but it will take too long. Is there any publishing company that I can contact to get my game out there? (It is done except for the artwork, shipping, publishing things.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My only very general advice is: Find publishers who specialize in games like yours. A game could be the most awesome next bestseller, but if it's the wrong fit for a given publisher, they'll pass on it (or at least they probably should).

You might ask in the Game Design forum here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi from Moscow, Idaho! Feel free to chat back at me for neighborliness.

I think you may find value in Indie Game Alliance. I've worked with them as a "minion", someone who demos games in the program for earning reward points. But there is a whole professional line of services too.

For designers and publishers, there are a lot of services for promotion, kickstarting, legal consultation, prototype printing, widespread playtesting, hitting the big cons, etc networking and discussion too. There are some big names and small home based companies involved, and many offer goodies or discounts to fellow members/designers/publishers.

https://www.indiegamealliance.com/index.php

Basic services are free , and advanced services are pretty cheap, so I recommend checking it out to see if they do what you have in mind.

There are some games in the program that started as small startups that are now big names, though of course, not everyone makes it big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.