Subject: 3p recommendation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
instinctive
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
This might be hitting the table very soon for 3p, a number which is kind of odd for Cyclades since it has a very different god dynamic. Question:

Play rules as written, or use the "all gods and 2 offerings per player" variant? and if the latter, 2 metros or 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I think Cyclades works fine at 3 with the standard rules (one offering per player, 2 metropolis victory).

I will say, it's nice to have the Hades expansion for three players, because of the way it opens up extra possibilities with the bonus favors for the god "above Apollo."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll echo the same. The game works fine with 3 with rules as written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko J
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
I thought it was a bit boring with just three. Enough to give us a taste of how fun it would be with more players and I always enjoy good company so it wasn't a wasted evening.

If you're set on playing this 3p I would probably go with rules as written. I haven't tried your variant but it doesn't sound any more appealing than the rulebook. Definitely keep it at two metropoli. Threat of sudden victory is part of why this game is so suspenseful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.